The Insurance Authority (IA) is an insurance regulator established under the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41). The principal function of IA is to regulate and supervise the insurance industry for the promotion of the general stability of the insurance industry and for the protection of existing and potential policy holders. IA took over the supervision of insurance intermediaries from the three Self-Regulatory Organizations in September 2019 and has become the sole regulator for granting licenses and setting conduct requirements for the insurance intermediaries in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Technical Expert, the incumbent will assume the following:
- Participate in the development of the supervisory assessment methodology of non-financial risks, with focus including, but not limited on ERM and ORSA, Recovery Plans and Resolution Planning etc, and technical review of output produced from insurers
- Provide risk management peer review across teams and divisions
- Provide input and development of reports and presentations as directed by senior management
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior management
- A Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, statistics, accounting, finance, insurance or related disciplines
- A professional qualification such as CPA, qualified actuary or financial risk manager with at least 5 years’ professional experience. Those currently working towards a relevant professional qualification, or interested in undertaking, will also be considered
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements, industry practices and market dynamics will be highly valued. Experience with overseas regulatory regime will be an advantage
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong command of written and spoken English
Remark: Candidates with less experience may be considered for the Assistant Manager post.
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications on a 2-year contract, with a prospect of conversion to permanent employment, will be offered.
Review of the applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 16 November 2020, or until the post is filled. Interested applicants may send a letter of application quoting the reference number in the heading, together with a full resume stating current and expected salaries to email@example.com
The Insurance Authority is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants not invited for an interview within 2 months from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. Applications may be considered for other suitable positions within IA. All applications will be handled in strict confidence and the information collected will only be used for recruitment purposes. All information on non-shortlisted applicants will be destroyed after 6 months from the close of applications.