Manager, Risk and Control - HSBC Life
Join our fast-growing Asia Wealth Management teams
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Manager, Risk and Control. Principal responsibilities
- Execute Risk and Control Management Operations activity in Hong Kong
- Ensure that Operational Risks are managed effectively by adhering to Group Risk guidance
- Set policies and procedures that ensure that Hong Kong Insurance operational risk is managed in a commercially sensitive and practical manner
- Improve the control environment by establishing and implementing control improvement and standardization programmes
- Provide effective governance, challenge and reporting of key risks and controls
- Coordinate Risk Control Assessment plans and internal control monitoring plans and ensure alignment with other Global Businesses
- Assess and report on the adequacy of the control environment by testing that controls designed to mitigate risk are appropriate and functioning effectively
- Provide oversight for policy and matters
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Proven experience in the workings of Risk and Control Management Operations and the organisational structure preferably within the life insurance industry
- Undergraduate or post graduate degree level in accountancy, finance or a related field
- Good understanding and knowledge of operational risk and internal control principles, ability to assess risk trends
- Ability to drive operational risk within the first line of defence and obtain appropriate management buy in
- Understanding and knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley requirements
- Experience in implementing control frameworks within complex environments
- Attention to detail combined with strong delivery focus and ability to meet aggressive timeframes with quality results
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.