Manager, Technology Risk Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Assist the Head of R&C in supporting country CIO as one of the 1 st line Risk Owner related to Operational Risk, Information and Cyber Security Risk, Compliance Risk, Conduct Risk and Reputational Risk, in accordance with the ERMF.
- Assist the Head of R&C in the preparation, communication, implementation, delivery and expansion of T&I risk management plans, and work closely with relevant stakeholders including Operational Risk, Compliance, and CISRO at the country and Group level for the implementation.
- Support the Head of R&C to liaise with regulators on technology risk governance.
- Oversee the implementation of Group T&I Policies and Standards in SCBHK
- Oversee effective risk management practice implementation in T&I including Risk Identification, Assessments, Measurements, Acceptance and Monitoring.
- Provide timely and accurate management reporting to the Head of R&C/CIO and relevant senior stakeholders for proper manage of technology and ICS risks.
- Drive proactive risk management culture in T&I.
- Support the Head of R&C to formulate the strategic plan in enhancing the system stability from a risk point of view.
- Keep tracking the root cause analysis and follow-up on the closure of remediation plans.
- Provide oversight on the performance on T&I service providers.
- Oversee the ongoing treatment of obsolescence technology component and the relevant risk.
- Review and provide oversight on effective contingency and resilience of Technology Service Delivery.
- Manage the internal and external/ regulatory audit exercises and the progress of remediation plans for the identified gaps, and ensure relevant risk incurred is properly managed through ERMF.
- Support the Head of R&C in representing T&I in various risk forums and committees including information submission and followup of action item (such as Technology and Innovation Risk Forum ("TIRF"), Third-Party Risk Management Sub-Committee, Hong Kong Data Governance Committee, Greater China & North Asia Technology & Innovation Regional Risk Forum ("GCNA T&I RRF")).
- Support the Head of R&C in driving effective risk discussions in the above risk forum/committee and oversee timely remediation of identified risks.
- Oversee service providers who deliver technology services to SCBHK and ensure all relevant policy, standard and control requirements are followed.
- Be responsible for the local implementation of Group EUC Policy and perform regular governance oversight for all HK EUCs in meeting relevant control requirements.
- Oversee the risk management practice for managing the technology risks timely identified in various sources.
- Oversee regular residual risk assessment and risk acceptance for TRM processes.
- Support business projects and timely address any technology risks identified.
- Facilitate regulatory approvals for e-Banking and technology outsourcing initiatives.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensure T&I relevant ICS policy is well circulated amongst Bank's businesses, functions, geographies and subsidiaries.
- Ensure applicable controls are identified, assessed and implemented by the business owners.
- Collaborate with Group Security Technology Services on local governance, if needed.
- Good level of understanding of operations and technology
- Results driven with strategic qualities
- Visionary leader able to engage and motivate performance in others
- High degree of independence, responsibility and integrity
- Strong project management skills with demonstrable track record in a dynamic environment
- Knowledge of quality tools, procurement, and logistics planning
- Tertiary education
- Relevant managerial experience
- Excellent communication capability - good command of written English
- Ability to work within a multi-function, multi-discipline team environment with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Change agent
- Compliance, Audit and/or Operational Risk background
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.