Manager, Thought Leadership, Insights & Inv Comms
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Invesco (Hong Kong) Limited
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $937B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries.
(*As of December 31, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The candidate will work closely with various internal/external groups in Asia-Pacific (sales, product, and compliance, investment teams) to create unique content for thought leadership and primarily institutional clients. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for creating, reviewing and coordinating digital content on Invesco’s Asia-Pacific platforms.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develop a pipeline of ideas to explore with relevant stakeholders applying disciplined project management skills.
- Continue to develop and evolve thought leadership strategy within the region to push boundaries and make meaningful impact.
- Research, organize and write engaging content for thought leadership, brand and digital.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal business partners across marketing, product, sales, compliance and investments.
- Work closely with internal teams to coordinate, edit and review thought leadership from a global perspective.
- Create web content and develop content for social media, video and PR opportunities.
- Act as a writing and editing resource to the Marketing team, ensuring high quality and accurate content is being produced by the company.
- Ensure consistency in the company’s voice, key messages and editorial style across markets, channels and media.
- Keep up to date with developments in financial markets and maintain a deep understanding of investment communications developed by our peers.
- Edit and proof external communication materials to ensure content has a clear message and consistent tone and style, while ensuring there are no compositional errors, adhere to established standards and uphold the firm’s brand.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Extensive experience in marketing, journalism or communications within the asset management / finance or professional services industries, with strong experience writing investment related content.
- Knowledge of investment products ideal and good knowledge of financial markets and investment/ financial concepts.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Proven and exceptional writing skills to help create a wide range of communication materials for various audiences.
- Excellent native English verbal communication skills, Chinese a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to capture complex ideas and write clear, concise and engaging content across different media including print, digital and video. Data visualization expertise is a plus.
- Ability to work at a fast pace with strong attention to detail, highly organized and strong project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to collaborate with all levels at the firm.
- Creativity—able to recommend new and unique ideas.
- Curiosity, drive and resourcefulness to do more research as required.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as to handle multiple simultaneous assignments, work independently, and assume personal responsibility for deliverables.
- Ability to effectively manage new projects, existing maintenance, shifting priorities, and multiple tasks.
- Ability to prioritize work with competing business initiatives and time constraints.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and potential competing interests.
- Advanced computer skills including Bloomberg terminal and knowledge of digital marketing platforms a plus.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Economics or Business related field.
Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within twelve weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 2 years for future recruitment purposes. When there are vacancies in our subsidiary or associate companies during that period, we may transfer the application to them for consideration of employment. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, job applicants have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, Personal Data in relation to the application. If job applicants wish to exercise these rights, they should contact the Human Resources department.