- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 13 Nov 17
Manager, Trade Operations
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
1. Monitor workflows to ensure all transactions are promptly processed as reflected by the agreed turnaround times for customers and also to ensure that the nature, complexity and value of transactions are processed by team members who possess the compatible expertise.
2. Review Product Program and DOI to ensure associated risks are duly addressed and mitigated.
3. Control over all the back office accounting, balancing and reconciliation functions.
4. Maintain system access security control.
5. Train up team members to maximize the productivity of resources available and to ensure that they have the required level of expertise to answer customers' queries and apply the operational standards required by the Bank.
6. Monitor morale and constantly motivate subordinates to ensure that optimum level of productivity and service standards are achieved.
7. Maintain control over day-to-day operations to ensure that the Bank's policies, operational guidelines are duly adhered to by team members and Shared Service Centre (SSC).
8. Prompt and early escalation of risk issues.
9. Establish close relationship with Customer Services Group (CSG) at managerial level.
10. Approve transactions up to the delegated authorities.
11. Provide supports to Senior Manager for special assignments and project works.
12. Strictly comply with:
- Bank policies and procedures
- Operational procedures / guidelines
- Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions procedures, in particular, report any suspicious activities as per current guidelines
13. Act as single contact point of complex trade related queries and help to reduce bottlenecks in day-to-day processing both internally and with client through playing the role as a Trade Transaction Owner (TTO).
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.