Manager / Senior Consultant, Regulatory Compliance, FRM
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG (China and Hong Kong SAR)
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
KPMG China operates in 18 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR. KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories, and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world.
Banking Advisory is a core service area for KPMG China and we are looking for Manager or Senior Consultant to join our Financial Risk Management practice.
Our Regulatory Change team advises clients on the impact of the changing regulatory landscapes on their business models and internal control framework and supporting them through that change: including compliance policies and risk assessments, capital, solvency, liquidity and customer centricity.
We provide a broad range of services to client which include:
- Regulatory approval and license registration for new and expanded business
- Regulatory gap analysis and impact assessment covering all aspects of regulatory requirement and change in Investment, Retail and Private banking. Key areas of interest include OTC derivatives reform, legal entity booking, securities broker-dealer thematic focus of the regulators, customer protection, client onboarding, all aspects of Risk Management including credit, market & operations risk and associated systems and tax reform e.g. FATCA, FTT
- Regulatory remediation assistance in areas such as selling practices, non-financial reporting, anti-money laundering systems and controls, transaction monitoring, regulatory investigations, sanction reviews, or Anti Bribery and Corruption
- Design and implementation of regulatory target operating models
- Risk and control, legal and compliance organisation transformation and implementation
- Implementation of processes and tools that support our clients with ongoing compliance efforts
- Understand the role of the regulator and advising clients on managing their relationship with the regulator e.g. ongoing supervision, risk mitigation and dealing with enforcement
- Lead HKMA and SFC licensing and registration projects for clients
- Assist in the development of business for the team, including production of proposals and the identification of opportunities within client engagements
- Take a significant role in sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members
- Act as a subject matter expert in advising clients to maximise benefits while reducing risks
- Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing your own development by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities
- Build and maintain strong relationships and networks with both clients and KPMG colleagues
- Run workshops and client sessions on a range of regulatory issues
- Active mentoring, coaching and development of colleagues
Experience and Skills
- 5-8 years’ experience in the financial services industry, such as consultancy firm with main focus on regulatory or compliance related projects, supervision or registration function of a regulatory agency (HKMA/SFC) or compliance department in investment, retail or private bank
- A good track record of delivering high quality project, or assignment outputs with a focus on delivering measurable business improvements
- Planning, designing and shaping project work streams, managing progress, resolving issues and limiting risks
- Meeting milestones within time, cost and quality constraints
- A good knowledge of Investment, Retail or Private banking operations, products and processes
- Solid problem solving skills, ability to analyse complex data, identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and reach appropriate conclusions / solutions
- Experience in reviewing and drafting policies and procedures and business plans for clients in both English and Chinese
- Evidence of managing multiple tasks, priorities, delegating and managing staff
- Ability to work at pace whilst delivering pragmatic and high quality outcomes
- A relevant professional qualification such as FRM, CPA, CFA or others
- Knowledge and understanding of the commercial objectives of Financial Services firms and how regulation should seek to strike a balance between these objectives and ensuring that customers get a fair outcome
- Proficient in written and verbal Chinese (Putonghua)
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2018 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.