Managing Director/Director - China Specialist - BlackRock Alternatives Specialists
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Reporting to the Head of BlackRock Alternative Specialist (BAS) APAC, this role will be responsible for developing new business across both Institutional and Retail clients within China, supporting the continuing growth of assets under management of BAI in partnership with BlackRock’s Institutional and Retail client businesses based locally in Hong Kong and Shanghai.
As at 31 December 2017, BlackRock managed US$129bn of Alternatives assets, structured as commingled vehicles, multi-manager programs and customized separate accounts. BlackRock’s Alternatives platform includes Private Credit, Private Equity, Real Assets (Real Estate and Infrastructure), Hedge Funds and Alternative Solutions, with offerings across each of the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions as well as the breadth of the risk-return spectrum.
While this role will have a heavier focus on raising capital for illiquid Alternative investments, BAS’s China Alternatives specialist will develop a broader liquid Alternatives knowledge across a variety of Hedge Fund strategies, including Long/Short Equity, Event-Driven, Relative Value, Global Macro and Multi-Strategy, supporting the team’s dedicated Liquid Alternatives specialist in the sourcing of new business opportunities across the liquid Alternatives space.
- Work in close partnership with BlackRock’s Institutional and Retail Client Business teams, Alternatives Portfolio Managers and Product Strategists to design and implement a results orientated sales strategy for clients and prospects within the China market.
- Partner with China-based investors currently investing in Alternatives to help create scalable Alternatives solutions in the form of customized Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs)
- Build relationships and foster continued partnership with local Wealth Managers, Trust Companies and Banks
- Work with the Client Businesses to develop educational and sales activity with those prospects not currently investing in Alternatives
- Work with Global Consultant Relations (GCR) to deepen field consultant and analyst relationships as appropriate
- Sourcing of non-competitive opportunities as well as ensuring participation in strategically important and commercially viable tender/RFPs processes as required
- Substantial experience within Alternatives businesses with proven track record of raising capital from investors across China including Sovereign Wealth, Insurance, Trust Companies, Banks, Asset Management Companies, Fund of Funds and High Net Worth Investors (predominantly via local Wealth Managers)
- Fluency across a range of Alternatives Asset Classes and their investment characteristics with a particular focus on Private Credit, Private Equity and/or Real Assets
- Capacity to move fluently between clients, relationship managers and portfolio managers to provide value added perspective and deliverables
- Ability to demonstrate clear awareness of key issues in the Alternatives markets affecting Institutional and Wholesale Retail investors from both an investment, service and regulatory perspective
- Support dialogue with Chinese regulatory bodies as required in partnership with broader China-based team
- Strong intellectual ability and interpersonal skills to establish his/her credibility with the senior leaders throughout the Firm and throughout the institutional investor community
- Partnership Orientated – Demonstrates a collaborative and cooperative approach to tasks
- A strong team player with experience of managing multiple internal stakeholders both regionally and globally
- Demonstrates a real passion for Alternatives asset classes
- Understand key drivers of success and a working knowledge of our competitors
- Ability to lead by example – high ethical standards and strong work ethic
- MBA or CFA designation preferred
- Fluent oral and written Mandarin and English language skills essential
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.