Managing Director - Credit Risk APAC
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Page Executive Hong Kong
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Our client is one of the market leading global aviation financiers who are looking for a Managing Director - Credit Risk.
Our client is one of the market leading global aviation financiers that partners with leading ultra high net worth companies, and individuals across the world delivering aircraft finance and leasing solutions.
They are extremely well capitalised with an impressive AUM, and well established presence and continued growth across Asia Pacific they are looking to hire Managing Director - Credit Risk to be based in their Hong Kong office.
Their employment value proposition offers market leading competitive remuneration structures, a flexible working environment, frequent global and regional travel.
The managing director credit risk is responsible for leading the deal structuring, credit & collateral analysis, and customer due diligence activities related to origination of new transactions, for our client across APAC.
You will need to provide credit and asset guidance to the regional originators to ensure that deal quality is consistent with the organisations overall objectives and standards. As a key member of the Risk Management operational leadership team, develop and maintain key standard operating procedures in conjunction with other functions.
- Effectively complete due diligence work for new opportunities, delivering a work product that is in line with our clients standards.
- Provide input and oversight during deal structuring, credit and collateral analysis, and work effectively with the compliance to ensure that required AML / KYC and customer are completed.
- Manage all aspects of the deal approval process, including customer interactions and staging transactions for our client's investment committee.
- Work with legal and operations teams ensure an effective process to document and fund transactions, exercising controls with regard to meeting approval conditions as well as completeness of documentation packages.
- Periodically review operating processes and make necessary changes to meet business expectations around deal execution and to improve customer experience. Assist with development of new product offerings to enhance business competitiveness.
- Staff and execute credit due diligence on potential acquisition targets.
The managing director credit risk requires an individual with exceptional credit risk skills across compliance, KYC, and reading financial statements to underwrite risk across Greater China and South East Asia.
You need the following;
- Strong credit analysis expertise preparing financial information, understanding and modelling drivers of profitability / cash flow, and interpreting financial performance.
- Bachelors Degree with at least 12 years prior experience in finance, accounting or banking industries bi-lingual fluency in Mandarin and English is an absolute must.
- Experience with structured leasing / transportation finance and speciality lending with the ability to quickly respond with proven experience across Greater China and SEA market.
- Commercial Deal Experience - Prior experience underwriting a broad spectrum of secured deals, including negotiating credit documents.
- Collaboration skills - Working effectively in a cross functional team environment, accountable and dependable
- Leadership - Authentic, reliable and responsible with the ability to coach and inspire at all levels. Coaches and inspires at all levels permits and promotes growth of the team. Displays a passion that excites others to exceptional performance.
- Well developed communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing / presenting information.
- Systems proficiency Microsoft office, word, outlook and PowerPoint and excel and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
Their employment value proposition offers;
- Market leading competitive remuneration structures
- Flexible working environment
- frequent global and regional travel
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Ben Wainwright on +852 2848 4705