- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 17
Market Assessment and Sales & Marketing, Manager / Director (Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing)
Location: Hong Kong
The Manager/ Director - Market Assessment, and Sales & Marketing will provide material inputs to the strategy and sales and marketing efforts for Moody's in the Greater China market. The individual will lead the market assessment efforts to understand market participants' financial information and risk demands, build the pipeline of prospects for sales outreach - with a focus on the China investors and intermediaries segment at the outset, and lead marketing efforts to enhance Moody's branding in the Greater China region.
Sales & Marketing responsibilities
- Own the business development responsibilities. Responsible for marketing outreach in Greater China by exploring client demand, building up pipeline, and managing key accounts.
- Take leadership position in collaborating across Moody's lines of businesses to enhance Moody's marketing outreach activities.
- Lead client engagement process throughout the cycle (pitching, bidding, contract negotiation, on boarding, renewal).
- Source and analyze available data to develop and implement successful sales & marketing programs/initiatives.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the market to promote the Moody's brand in the Greater China market.
- Achieve financial targets.
Market Assessment responsibilities
- Assess the opportunities for Moody's in the region and propose strategic plan to capitalize on opportunities in the Greater China market.
- Contribute to the Head of Strategy & Operations' responsibilities for the development, communication and implementation of strategic growth strategies and processes for Moody's in the Greater China market.
- Understand customer's demand and business goals, provide input on pricing as well as product needs/ideas/concepts where appropriate.
- Assist Head of Strategy & Operations' efforts in strengthening operating standard and practices in the Greater China market.
- Familiarity of the key characteristics and dynamics of Greater China's credit and capital market, familiar with credit ratings and credit risk solution products.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills. Able to build strong relationships with clients, key intermediaries and other key market participants at all levels independently with minimal oversight.
- Able to articulate and explain Moody's value proposition clearly to internal and external audience, including Moody's senior management, outside influencers and clients.
- Strong ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task; ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals.
- High autonomy in achieving business objectives.
- Willingness to travel.
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent), MBA preferred.
- At least 10-15 years of marketing & sales experience in the China financial market.
- Fluent in English and Chinese Mandarin
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.