We are looking for a seasoned marketing communication specialist to deploy effective communication pillars to augment reach and audience appreciation of Schroders brand, as well as to support momentum building of our businesses and product in Hong Kong SAR. We want someone who can actively drive the roll out of global and regional communication initiatives across Hong Kong SAR and Mainland China, contribute to other external and internal communications needs of the business.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We’re close to our clients, in the heart of Hong Kong’s financial centre at Two Pacific Place, 88 Queensway.
Our Schroders Group Marketing creates effective content and makes sure it reaches the right audience in the right way is more important today than ever before. At Schroders, we’re proud of our award-winning content and the reputation of our digital brand.
We aim to be totally in tune with our clients so that we can understand exactly what they want from us. Always listening closely to feedback allows us to deliver a marketing strategy across all our channels that is absolutely client focused.
What you’ll do
Manage Media Relations
- Partner with PR agency to co-create the PR plan and to execute, observing compliance requirement and internal policies.
- Build relationship with key media contact, look for and evaluate PR opportunities, and offer sound recommendation on the handling.
- Stay informed of business focus, market sentiment and industry developments to inform PR priorities and relevance of messages.
- Monitor PR visibility in the market, analyse data to inform decisions and optimise plans and programs.
- Liaise with internal spokespersons and have them prepared for media engagement
Drive corporate assets
- Develop and manage corporate communications materials, in alignment with global directives and local business positioning, to stay relevant.
- Proactively look for opportunities to gain awards and accolades for the company. Manage the process end-to-end from identification to riding on wins to profile the company.
- Leverage content from around the group to support local content flow. At times, originate content in multiple formats to support business goals with a communications lens
Contribute to Internal Communications
- Shape internal communications to support alignment of messaging and appreciation of corporate and business directives across internal and external audience.
- Support internal events featuring senior corporate spokespeople, eg. CEO Townhall.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you’ll need
- At least 8 years of working experience in marketing or communications functions for financial institutions.
- Proficiency in both verbal and written Chinese (including Simplified Chinese) is necessary as this role will need to cover content marketing for Mainland China.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Degree graduate in business related disciplines, preferably major in Marketing, Communications, Finance or business-related disciplines.
- Previous experience in asset management.
- Knowledge of SFC regulations on fund products and marketing materials
- Experience and knowledge about China financial markets
What you’ll be like
- Great at working with other people, sharing and communicating decisions
- Able to work under pressure, on several priorities at once, and with tight deadlines
- Enjoys collaborating with other teams and self-motivated
- Flexible, highly curious and willing to learn
- High level of accuracy with an excellent attention to details
- Willing to travel for business occasionally, likely destinations would be APAC locations, including mainland China.