Markets Operations, Cash & Collateral Management Senior Manager, Vice President
The Cash & Collateral Mgmt Sr Mgr accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the efficient and proper utilization of cash & collateral throughout the firm, and its subsidiaries, on both a domestic and international basis
- Working with the funding and credit relations groups, will analyze cash flow, use of cash capital and collateral, transfer of funds (intra-company and with outside parties), bank account usage, bank compensation, and flow-through of funds.
- Establish controls for all cash & collateral movements and cash usage and coordinate activities with auditing functions.
- Arrange lock-box and/or other security/control systems in domestic and international locations and work closely with various operations settlement areas to establish proper procedures and controls.
- Play a significant role in developing and coordinating data processing systems as they relate to both the cash management group and the entire treasury function along with the collateral operations group
- Stays abreast of developments within the collateral and margin function and considers his/her implications for own job and the business.
- Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of complex deliverables often related, but not limited to Collateral and Margin processes
- Accountable for integrity of process, operations and associated results; may have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise
- Responsible for detailed analysis of collateral related issues where the best course of action is not evident from the information available, but actions must be recommended/ taken
- Supports a wide range of internal clients (product, sales, client delivery, and technology) and external corporate clients
- Develops and exercises business plans, policies and procedures, and demonstrates an ability to lead projects, offer innovative solutions and cost saving opportunities
- Requires good analytical skills to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple projects
- Oversees the daily performance of the collateral and margin processes to satisfactory completion of the daily operational cycle
- Defines, develops, implements and tracks appropriate margin related KPIs and SLAs for the group
- Committed to process improvement, client service, control, and cost reduction and identifies any opportunity to implement process improvements, service enhancements, or technology enhancements.
- Liaises with internal (front office, middle office, settlement, control, etc.) teams and external clients to assess service quality and identify areas for improvement
- Conducts discovery and due diligence activities with clients to meet their needs
- Solves complex client queries and consults with clients as required
- Applies a solid knowledge of the business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis to define problems and develop solutions, mostly but not limited to, collateral and margin.
- Influences strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services that have direct impact on the business
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Roles at this level require significant industry experience
- Individuals are expected to be subject matter experts in multiple or specific skill sets, business areas or products
- People Managers are expected to demonstrate effective management of a team
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .