Master Agreements and KYC Case Lead - Banking Operations Hong Kong
The team is part of the Client Lifecycle & Digitalization group and sits alongside Business to facilitate the legal/Master agreements & KYC. The role is part of a team focused on on-boarding corporate and institutional clients, with a strong focus on Global Markets' clients.
Major Accountabilities/Principal responsibilities:
Profile Required Key Skill areas & Knowledge required:
- Support front office across the Global Banking and Investor Solutions of Societe Generale in Asia ("GBIS" - Corporate and Investment Banking) with regards to on-boarding new and maintaining existing clients, with a strong focus on global markets-related activities. Through this process, the candidate should also be able to optimize the commercial experience and detect any business opportunities.
- Prioritization of requests and leading prioritization meetings with dedicate representatives from each business line.
- Serve as the single point of contact for Front Office Sales and internal teams for queries surrounding the onboarding of clients.
- Act as the clients' point of contact by addressing their issues and concerns and providing resolutions to their onboarding queries in line with our internal policies, the regulatory environment and market practices.
- Work in partnership with the business lines, key internal stakeholders and senior management to establish and manage the priority of all on-boarding requests.
- Work with the KYC, Legal and Credit teams in obtaining document requirements for the initiation of on-boarding the client.
- Request all client reference data and ensuring the correct reference data set-up of the client in SG systems and application(s), including the necessary regulatory requirements (Dodd Frank, EMIR etc)
- Participate in regular meetings with Head of Sales to review issues and the progress on files.
- Lead and arrange internal meetings with all stakeholders to identify, mediate, facilitate and resolve any blocking point in the on-boarding process.
- Escalate recurrent issues surrounding the on-boarding process to Senior Management for resolution.
- Liaise with global project teams and regional stakeholders on implementation of strategic on-boarding tools.
- Identify gaps in policies and processes and liaise as necessary with stakeholders for resolution.
- By challenging Sales requests and following up NBI generation and effective trade dates, you will take part of MARK cost rationalization.
- Comprehensive understanding of the On-Boarding process at an Investment Bank.
- Previous client facing experience - either front office or in on-boarding capacity.
- Sound experience in Global Markets activities. Comprehensive understanding of Investment Banking infrastructure and businesses/products.
- Sound understanding of the lifecycle of an on-boarding request from the inception to the moment the client is "ready to trade".
- Extensive knowledge of Master agreements related to capital market transactions (ISDA, CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, ...).
- Sound understanding of the Credit Risk profile of the client base.
- General understanding of the Regulatory environment across multiple jurisdictions in Asia as well as US, UK and EU regulatory rules.
Behavioural Competency required:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to deal with all levels of the client organization and within a bank structure.
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- A good sense of urgency and aptitude for multi-tasking, quickly identifying issues and escalating to the appropriate level for resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, including senior management, by providing appropriate and tailored information in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and regulatory environment
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth, putting its resources to work to finance the economy and its clients' projects.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ over 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, global transaction banking and specialised financial services.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200007LH
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 01/06/2020
Date of publication: 19/03/2020