Metrics Monitoring Analyst - Risks Hong Kong
The metric monitoring analyst ensures indicators monitoring on the counterparty risk, and specifically:
• On the Prime Services Metrics scope
o Brokerage fees and market risks metrics certification
o Reconciliation with back office
o Referential management for counterparty risk computation
• Actively manage internal clients' requests and propose solutions.
• Production and certification of the metrics used for the daily and regulatory follow up of counterparty risks on market transactions.
• Market and counterparty risk limit follow up: control and reporting of the limits consumptions, breaches identification.
• Functional support and incidents follow-up regarding counterparty risk computation
Actively contributing to IS strategy and project execution
Implement and ensure processes are in compliant with audit, compliance, and regulation Profile Required Mission details
• Produce independently and certify the daily and monthly economic results to Front Office (FO), MMG, and GBIS/Group management
• Provide PnL analysis and comments to facilitate the validation of economic results by FO
• Validate and publish the official economic results in D+1 to management Accounting Certification
• Work closely with the accounting/economic reconciliation team on discrepancies
• Cooperate with CFO for Monthly/Quarterly activity's trend comments
• Preparation of other reports for internal counterparts, authorities, auditors etc. Projects
• Be an essential element and referent for all the partners for project assigned by your manager
• Participate to on-going improvement on Profit and Loss process efficiency and effectiveness (lead time reduction, improved granularity, streamlining)
• New products and participation in transversal projects, as and when requested by management Key Skill Areas & knowledge Required:
• Hold a Bachelors or Masters degree with a major in Finance or Engineering
• 2-5 years experience in Product control, Prime Services, or similar Middle Office role
• Strong Excel skills. Knowledge and experience on VBA is preferred.
• Pro-active, swift, analytical, rigorous, tenacity
• Good communication and organizational skills
• Good team player, able to multi task and work under pressure
• Fluent English is mandatory Business Insight
Société Générale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity and a strategy of sustainable growth. SGCIB is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, Americas and Asia, SGCIB provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public-sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions. Within the Market Risk department in Asia, MMG team's major missions are to independently monitor the capital markets activities, to support the development of the business and to meet the regulatory challenges of tomorrow.
Metrics Monitoring Group is a support function department within GBIS division. Its primary mission is to produce, analyze, certify and monitor financial and risk metrics of the Global Markets (MARK) activities. Scope
The activities covered by MMG/PRM include Commodities (CTY) and Prime Services business (PRM)
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200003LL
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 03/03/2020
Date of publication: 05/02/2020