Mobile Application Architect (eBanking & User Experience)
- To guide our tech leads in designing and defining the technical strategy/roadmap of the mobile banking native applications.
- Partner with business, architecture and API technology teams to design world-class customer experiences for the mobile channel using an expert knowledge of industry best practices.
- Collaborate with Application Managers and Tech Leads to drive out the design and adoption of technology solutions.
- Assist the mobile teams in identifying and managing dependencies with other teams, processes, and technologies.
- Collaborate with API teams to drive out API standards and best practices.
- Collaborate with the mobile tech leads to define and adopt mobile development standards and best practices.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends in mobile technology.
- Effectively communicate technical solutions and recommendations to senior level management.
- Participate in the evaluation and selection of best-in-class products needed to successfully implement new designs.
- Define, prioritize and manage the plans for addressing mobile technical debt.
- Support mobile teams in creating Proofs of Concept for new technologies and design patterns.
- Lead the mobile team in embracing/optimizing DevOps and Continuous Integration best practices.
- Degree holder or above in Computer Science, Information Systems or related disciplines .
- Must have a minimum of 5+ Years of experience writing applications for iOS and/or Android devices and 10 years of SDLC experience. Experience throughout the mobile lifecycle: application development (application structure; device and operating system API's; debugging; performance; security), deployment.
- Expert level knowledge of industry best practices for design and implementation of mobile native applications.
- S trong working experience with multiple of the following: Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin.
- Expert level experience with mobile native technology, user interface design and development, service integration development.
- Expert level knowledge of Apple's Human Interface guidelines and Google's Material Design standards for UI design.
- Expert level experience with designing and delivering optimized native mobile apps.
- Strong working experience with writing high-quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code.
- Strong working experience with xCode and/or Espresso automated testing tools.
- Strong working experience with consuming REST API using asynchronous methods.
- Strong working experience with version control (Git/Bitbucket) and branching strategies.
- Ability to identify, understand and manage enterprise level impediments.
- Sound knowledge and solid experience in used of some of the following areas.
- J2SE, J2EE, Linux, UNIX and AIX.
- Database design & programming in Oracle.
- Apache web server, IBM WebSphere, IBM RAD, IBM Rational ClearCase.
- Strong presentation, negotiation, organization, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Leadership and experience in remote development is a plus.