Network Manager - Proprietary Trading House
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Aptitude Asia
- 12 Dec 18
Our client is a proprietary trading house with global existence, currently expanding and strengthening their preference in Asia, looking to hire a seasoned Network Manager to join them in Shanghai to design, implement, and support their network for ultra high frequency trading.
- Liaise with multiple teams to design, implement, support global network, focus on high performance and low latency for proprietary low latency trading applications
- Utilize monitoring tools to locate, diagnose and solve complex network infrastructure related issues
- Effectively communicate network related issues to traders and developers
- Develop automated work flow to improve efficiency of complex network infrastructure issues, network management, and maintenance of trading applications
- Support and troubleshoot a hybrid wireless and wired high performance network environment
- Assist in documentation of new processes and procedures to improve team efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 6 years of hands-on networking experience in financial industry CCNP / CCIE certification
- Sound knowledge and troubleshooting of IP networking and TCP/ IP Strong knowledge of Switching, Routing (BGP) and Multicast (IGMP, PIM).
- Solid Python scripting experiences, and expertise in GIT/REST/JSON.
- Experience working with big data storage and warehousing tools (such as database, Splunk).
- Linux Shell experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in both Mandarin and English.
- Experience planning for space, power, and structure cabling within data center environments.
- Ability to work well as part of global team in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrates good judgment, ability to evaluate short and long-term impact, and confidence to select and execute decision when required
- Mature, self-motivated, a driver for the team, strategic and mature thinking skills when it comes to tackling complex problems
This role is based in Shanghai, China. Overseas candidates are welcome to apply.
To apply, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org