Our Client, a leading Global Insurer, is currently looking for a Senior Network SME, who will join a strong team, whilst they go through multiple Organisational programs and transformation. This includes an overall technology refresh and ‘move to cloud’. There is a large, well-funded roadmap over the next few years and an increasing demand for resources across all departments. You will be responsible for supporting an increasingly demanding and growing environment by transforming and improving their Infrastructure Department. Ideally, you will possess experience designing and implementing SD-WAN technologies in a large Enterprise.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Design and deploy Network solutions based on Business Goals and technical environment.
- Obtain requirements and propose the implementation schedule to project teams based on existing network design.
- Plan, implement and support the BAU tasks in the network team.
- Support and deliver new technologies, with the aim of driving network improvements.
- Manage fault investigations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues around the business.
- Participate in design reviews to ensure proposed solutions meet requirements and standards.
- Perform governance on projects to ensure installations meet company standards.
- Ensure security standards are applied and adhered to.
- Research, make recommendations, and lead solutions that are in line with procedures for increased Network performance.
Requirements of the role:
- Degree holder in Computer Science / Information Technology or related disciplines.
- More than 8 years of network engineering and/or design experience.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of network support, design, and architecture within a large environment.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, or other related qualifications would be a PLUS
- Solid understanding of networking fundamentals and routing protocols (QoS, VoIP, BGP)
- Previous experience designing and implementing SD-WAN technologies in large enterprise ideal
- Strong command in English with good communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Have a positive attitude and can-do approach
- Excellent understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV in Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Network SME” in the Subject Heading.