Officer, Commodity Support Group
- Competitive Package
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Rabobank Hong Kong
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
The incumbent will assist the Head of Commodity Support Group ("CSG") to perform duties especially to undertake the daily transactional monitoring function and to act as a key contact person to both internal customers (e.g. Relationship Manager, Credit Risk Management Dept and various support units) and external customers.
Objective of the Role
- Assist the Head of CSG to perform the below duties especially to undertake the daily transactional monitoring function and to act as a key contact person to both internal customers (e.g. Relationship Manager, Credit Risk Management Dept and various support units) and external customers.
- “Hands on” daily monitoring of the outstanding exposures and the related collateral (including, but not limited to, tracking collateral movements, releasing transactional collaterals, valuation of collateral, monitoring of shipment progress and collection of sale receivable) as per facility agreements concluded with TCF customers.
- Check and determine whether a new transaction can be processed based on the approved facility conditions, TCF Manual and TCF Guidelines. Seek exceptional approval from Credit Dept in case the transaction deviates from approved conditions.
- Administrates the accurate exposure (gross, net, secured and clean, etc) per customer and feed the information to Global, Regional and Local TCF Heads, Relationship Managers and local Credit Risk Management Dept.
- Jointly responsible for a good relationship with the TCF customers, maintaining and building client relationships and ensuring good utilization of the facility.
- Monitors commodity prices movements and proactively inform relevant stakeholders of any movements which may have negative impact on client portfolio.
- Checks daily transactions to ensure that they are conformed with the approved facility conditions, TCF internal guidelines/compliance policies.
- Report any deviations and seek exceptional approval if necessary.
- Collateral Management : maintain proper client facility files and transaction files. Update exposure and collateral movement in TCM system accurately.
- Monitors transaction flows at various stage (including follow up of master LC and insurance document, tracking goods movement, collateral value, release stocks, collection of sale receivable) to ensure smooth turnaround of transaction.
- Maintains good and active contact with counterparties (customer, off-takers, warehouse operators, insurance company, back office support units).
- Give proper instruction to Cash Management Dept to hold / release cash margin and ensure the margin a/c balance is in control and in line with TCM record.
- Give proper instr5uction to Int’l Trade Service to hold / release title document as per facility condition.
- Prepare various reports (daily, weekly & monthly reports) for the portfolio to Global, Regional and Local TCF Heads, Relationship Managers and local Credit Risk Management Dept.
- TCF HK Team
- RHK Departments- Credit, Int’l Trade Services, Cash Management, CMBO, CBRPC, Legal, F&C Dept and Compliance
- TCF HK customers
- Local and international TCF Community (peer banks, law firms, insurance brokers, etc)
- Rabo Global TCF (across all sectors and product groups)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- Product knowledge related to trade and commodity finance and trade operations (including LC, SBLC, documentary collections, bid and performance bonds)
- Knowledge about commodity mid office operations (including collateral management, risk assessment and reporting)
Education & Required knowledge
- A Level (or equivalent) Secondary Education or up
- General banking product knowledge (such as retail service and loans processing).
- Language spoken – English & Putonghua
- PC skills – MS Office
- Personal attributes – good communication skills, a team player, self motivate, appreciate challenge and able to work under pressure