Operational Risk Controller
- Attractive Bonus + Package
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Walters Hong Kong
- 03 May 18 2018-05-03
An Operational Risk Controller role is now recruiting at an French international banking group
- To adapt to the increasing control requirement on APAC Global Markets (GM) operations, we are looking to strengthen our operational risk control team to provide risk monitoring and reporting to operation management and COO.
- The team is under "Product Control" stream within APAC GM operations, covering risk monitoring of the operational teams across Asia.
- Operational Control Officers act as the first line of defense and are responsible for the implementation of a dedicated control framework covering the identification, the measurement and the management of operational risks.
- 1st Level of Control Result Reporting
- Report to management the 1st level control result declared by operations team in Orus
- Help monitoring the Orus pending issues resolution and action plan deployment
- Control of Control (COC)
- Define the Control of Control (COC) framework to ensure control quality by operational teams
- Perform the COC assessment, Identify risk areas, propose recommendation and report via periodical Operational Permanent Control (OPC) committees.
- Audit Recommendation Closure
- Monitor the deployment of audit recommendation and liaise with Internal Audit for closure.
- Transversal Risk Projects
- Perform ad-hoc transversal projects on risk topics under operation management delegate
- Promote the risk awareness, risk declaration quality and risk escalation process by operational team
- Mandatory training status monitoring, phone recording review, access review, procedures status review
- Coordination with other Operational Permanent Control /Risk ORC teams for incident & risk monitoring and follow-up action plan
- Promote action plans of high quality and monitor the implementation with bottom-up & top-down communication
- Regular Risk Assessment
- Control method alignment with other OPCs
- Participate and contribute to Internal Control Committees of related entities
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Product and Process Knowledge
- Sound knowledge on Equity, Fixed Income and ALMT products.
- Proper understanding on general workflow from Front office to Back office
- Risk minded / ability to assess
- Ability to conduct interviews with stakeholders at managerial level
- Prepares, supports and conducts successful workshops
- Capacity to propose new ideas / think out of the box
- Provides honest and independent advice
- Ability to work autonomously
- Presents convincingly at senior management/COO level
- Writes sharp and straight-to-the-point management summaries
- Develop an understanding of the internal teams' problem at operative level
- Communication style open, critical and constructive
- Quality of work
- Sets high quality standards to achieve the best possible outcome
- Provides presentations in high quality regarding synthesis, content and risk analysis.
- Capacity to lead/perform detailed analyses
- Excellent organisation skills
- Keeps to defined time schedule
- Builds legitimacy with internal teams, while preserving independence
- Designs tangible solutions adapted to the bank's culture
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Educational background: Bachelor degree in Business or similar degree
- Minimum 4 years' experience in operational control/ capital markets operation/ project management / internal control or audit