Operational Risk Manager- APEC COO Office
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- ConnectedGroup Limited
- 20 May 18 2018-05-20
·A Reputable European Investment Bank ·1st Line Of Defense Function ·Competitive Remuneration
Our client, a reputable European Investment Bank, is looking for an Operations Risk Manager as 1st line of defense function and sitting in an Asia Pacific COO office.
- Perform risk assessments on the underlying activities (risk mapping, quality of associated controls etc), with interaction of operational management.
- Document control plans for each activity, perform control testing, report results, organize regular reviews to set action plans for remediation where relevant
- Consolidate monitoring and analysis of historical incidents and related action plans
- Follow-up on the implementation of findings/recommendations assigned to the activities under his scope.
- Duty to alert on fraud or significant failures to operational management and Risk Control APAC, and promote operational risk monitoring and control culture.
- Provides regular feedbacks to heads of activities on risk/controls of their respective businesses (report on incidents, validation of control plan, monitoring of recommendations, escalation, proposition of new controls etc)
- Coordinate regular investment committee with key stakeholders to review the project status / dependencies in different project life cycle
- Adhoc intervention on Regional COO Office projects (Represent the APAC COO office for project committee/decision (Convergence program, FATCA/ outsourcing governance/ TRUST/BCP,etc)
- University graduated in Finance, Business Administrations or relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 6 years experience in operational risk from international banks environment.
- Good understanding of operational risk framework.
- Experience in dealing with operational risk related projects.
- Strong analytical skills; show a continuous improvement and problem solving mindset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate with senior management.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese