Operations & Process Architect
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 21 Jun 18 2018-06-21
Reporting to the Head of Operations of a special digital project within SCBHK, this position will participate in the design of new operations model and its related processes. From concept to execution, this position will have the unique opportunity to think out of the box to create and run a state-of-art operations model for both the customers and the Bank.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To participate in the design of the function architecture of the new digital proposition. This includes identifying the right operating model of the various key customer journeys, working out the execution methodology, and participating in the actual setup of the teams.
- To champion the selection of the potential service providers according to the chosen operating model, onboard the vendors with the assistance of the Supply Chain Management Team.
- To understand the internal and external regulatory and compliance requirement, ensure they are being accurately addressed in the operating model and processes.
- To study the different technology framework of the key journeys, with the assistance from the technology support team, choose the best option and establish a concrete implementation plan.
- To assist the Head of Operations to setup the operations teams, ensure the accurate implementation of the operating model.
- To provide necessary training and coaching to the newly setup team.
- To lead the team to document the operating procedure.
- To establish a robust tracking mechanism to measure the operating efficiency in a quantitative manner. Adopt the latest technology and tools to facilitate.
- To stay in close connection with the product and proposition team to ensure the operating model suits and meets the business objectives at all times, and continuously seek ways to improve the operating efficiency.
Our Ideal Candidate
- At least 6 years in the retail banking industry, with relevant experience in the operations or related backend support discipline, plus basic knowledge of the retail banking digital landscape. Experience in managing frontline / contact centre preferred but not a must.
- Knowledge of the backend processes related to credit card, deposits, and basic retail banking services.
- Solid experience in leading a team.
- Experience in executing a digital / business initiative from end-to-end. Demonstrated ability to liaise and work with different functional streams to achieve a common goal.
- Basic understanding of the key local regulations and requirements in relation to AML, CDD, and e-banking.
- Genuine interest and an open mindset to embrace the fast-changing digital world, willing to learn and absorb new skills and knowledge.
- Absolute fluency in English, both verbal and written; feel comfortable to work with people from different cultures.
- Energetic, pleasant, self-motivated, adapt to changes, love to work with teams.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.