Hong Kong based Equity Long-Short hedge fund new launch is looking for a junior analyst in the Operations / Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Operations and Finance, this role will be given opportunities to cover fund valuation, day to day trade operations, corporate actions, reporting, etc.
Partners Bay (HK) Limited is an alternative asset manager focusing on equities in Asia Pacific markets, established in 2019 by a young, multi-national management team, and based in Hong Kong. Our vision is to become the partner of choice for investors seeking to compound their capital using a business-owner approach, to be a trusted fiduciary for organizations, individuals and causes that embrace the same core values that we ourselves strive to uphold.
- Full time role. An opportunity to grow with an intellectual, people-oriented team
- Ideal candidates: good communicators, detail oriented, driven and curious
- Looking for candidates with only 3-7 years of work experience in total (graduates of 2013 onwards)
- 3-5 years experiences in fund administration or financial services audit preferred
- Competitive salary: $25-40K, depending on experience of the candidate
- Perform fund valuations and verify NAV reports prepared by fund administrators
- Prepare daily cash and position reconciliation
- Overall responsibility for fund operations from trade booking and verification, confirmation preparation, failed trade investigation, settlement
- Liaise with fund administrator and prime brokers on trade matters
- Fund and corporate expense management
- Annual US and HK tax filing preparation
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting for portfolio manager and analysts
- Prepare month end closing management reports, quarterly budgeting and forecasts
- Knowledge in preparing the regulatory report to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements including FRR return
- Review and maintain a sound control mechanism in management and financial reporting
- Handle ad hoc duties as required
- Degree holder in Finance/ Business/ Economics/ Accounting or related disciplines
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Candidates with fund administration / fund accounting / asset management audit experiences are preferred. Buy-side experiences are not a must. Will be offered the opportunity to learn on the job.
- Fluent in English in terms of both writing and verbal communication skills
- Good with numbers and Microsoft excel
- Fast learner, detail orientated, good communicator, curious, open-minded and trustworthy