PM Premium Mandates (VP)
Reporting to the Head of Investment Management Hong Kong with functional report to Fixed Income Head Investment Management Asia, this positon functions to primarily manage single and multi-asset portfolios with a focus on Fixed Income as well as contribute to the long term growth of the discretionary business in the Asia region.
- To participate and contribute to the investment team's investment strategy and portfolio management activities.
- To manage multiple fixed income portfolios with varying degrees of risk/return objectives. Portfolios are mainly Asia centric, but knowledge of global markets would be beneficial.
- Represent the investment team in conducting presentations to private and institutional clients as well as internal RMs
- Liaise across business partners such as RM, Portfolio Solutions, Investment Consultants to contribute to the successful marketing as well as servicing of IM products
- Would be part of the fixed income team, contributing to the overall performance of the team.
- To handle client requests and follow-ups - within and across regions, while contributing to market positioning of multi-asset strategies to internal and external clients.
- You hold a Degree in Finance, Economics or relevant discipline; CFA or CFA candidate is a plus
- You have at least 7 years of relevant experience in portfolio management and client-facing role
- Strong analytical background in credit would be desired, you have technical understanding of interest rate markets, FX and fixed income credit instruments.
- You possess a good track record of outstanding performance in managing fixed income portfolios.
- Local knowledge of China credits and fixed income market
- Ability to participate in and contribute to multi-asset strategy and portfolio implementation & monitoring
- Ability to represent investment views and product messaging to small and large groups of internal partners as well as to external prospects
- You have the ability to manage and deepen relationships with RMs and desire to gather / build assets
- Strong quantitative abilities with proficiency in excel programming, Bloomberg. Experience in financial modeling for credit screening, portfolio testing macroeconomic forecasting etc.
- Fluent in Mandarin/proficiency in Cantonese preferred as you will have to liaise with Chinese speaking clients/ teams globally
- You are ambitious, hardworking who can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards