Paralegal / Legal Assistant(Legal Counsel )
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Elysian Executive Solution
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
Our client is a leading Chinese asset management firm. They are looking for a Paralegal / Legal Assistant and may also consider experienced candidate as Legal Counsel.
- Reporting to Head of Legal & Compliance
- Review, negotiate and advise on all legal matters affecting the business such as Fund launches and maintenance both offshore and onshore.
- Reviewing, drafting and assisting in negotiation of agreements including distribution agreements, Investment Management Agreements, Custodian Agreements, constitutive fund documents, ISDAs, prime brokerage agreements, investment advisory agreements and other business related documentation etc.
- General commercial agreements such as leases, licensing and employment issues
- To update on legislative and regulatory requirements affecting the Company’s operations.
- Manage any litigation and/or disputes or regulatory investigations.
- Liaise with external counsel and regulators
- Assist in Company secretarial matters.
- Fulfil any additional ad-hoc issues as required
- Possess around 3 years PQE
- Either a background in funds law or corporate commercial and potentially even contentious law
- Exposure to SFC authorized funds and UCITS funds. Knowledge in US funds and ETFs will be an advantage
- Strong drafting skills in English and Chinese
- Fluency in English and Mandarin