Partner / Director - Fintech, Financial Services
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG (China and Hong Kong SAR)
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
KPMG China operates in 16 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Beijing Zhongguancun, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Tianjin, Xiamen, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR. With a single management structure across all these offices, KPMG China can deploy experienced professionals efficiently, wherever our client is located.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 154 countries and territories, and have 200,000 people working in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. Each KPMG firm is a legally distinct and separate entity and describes itself as such.
In 1992, KPMG became the first international accounting network to be granted a joint venture licence in mainland China. KPMG China was also the first among the Big Four in mainland China to convert from a joint venture to a special general partnership, as of 1 August 2012. Additionally, the Hong Kong office can trace its origins to 1945. This early commitment to the China market, together with an unwavering focus on quality, has been the foundation for accumulated industry experience, and is reflected in the Chinese member firm’s appointment by some of China’s most prestigious companies.
The role will focus on building our profile as a firm who help provide Fintech solutions to existing clients and provide traditional KPMG services to new economy companies.
- Representing KPMG on industry bodies such as the Fintech Association of Hong Kong. Assess the various other industry bodies and identifying which we should be involved in and be responsible for building our profile in the market
- Bring together our Financial Services, financial and technology expertise to support our ability to provide Fintech solutions to our FS client base
- Identifying possible partners within the Hong Kong Fintech community who have solutions or technology which may be relevant to solving client needs and then setting up an appropriate alliance to bring these solutions to our clients
- Being a part of the global Fintech network within KPMG and understanding the capabilities and solutions we already have to provide solutions to client problems. This would be working in conjunction with the Spectrum business and also other related Fintech global partners (e.g. Matchi)
- Working with KPMG Digital Ignition to identify where we can develop our own solutions to address particular client needs
- Assessing our current sponsorship spend on events and focusing this on events which maximize our profile, are linked to clients and solutions which will generate revenue and which are cost effective
- Develop and/or contribute to thought leadership publications for local and global market on Fintech in Hong Kong
- Become part of the global Fintech network within KPMG and push the KPMG Hong Kong profile on Fintech
- Act as client lead on coverage of selected Fintech clients for KPMG Financial Services
You’ll need to have an excellent working knowledge of the latest Fintech architectures, the best practices, and associated tools and solutions. You will need to be aware of how to develop teams in order to create holistic capabilities. Key skills and requirement will include:
- Knowledge of profiles in the Fintech community in HK
- Consulting experience preferred with Fintech and user-facing technology strategy exposure. Self-starter with exceptional project management skills and ability to work both independently and in a group to drive projects to completion
- Deliver successful customer solutions to shape and influence the customer use cases and architect solutions
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the customer, building long-lasting relationships and maintaining knowledge of the Fintech within our key accounts
- Demonstrate expertise by speaking at industry conferences
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Identify partnership opportunities and lead all aspects of deal execution, including prioritization of partners, strategic and financial assessment, and co-marketing efforts
- Strong analytical capabilities and problem solving skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate in both business and technical contexts
- Ability to work well with employees across a diverse range of functional groups
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2018 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.