PayMe Platform Engineer - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as PayMe Platform Engineer
. Principal responsibilities
- Provide technical consultant for the digital platform design, development, implementation and maintenance of significant HSBC IT systems to local business units
- Develop competent level understanding of group systems and major local systems Prepare detailed specifications that describe input, output, and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
- Ensure implementation on time and in budget with appropriate quality according to user requirements Assist in coordinating the activities of IT project teams user departments, other service departments, and external parties such as software and hardware suppliers, other financial institutions and bank customers Development and implementation of IT project
- Provide estimates for development effort for individual or component from design documents Review code and documentation to ensure code meets the design criteria Apply specialist expertise in the development of IT systems with the objective of optimizing operational performance and improving quality whilst increasing cost effectiveness
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Experience in working in large scale Linux, Windows based environment
Solid understanding and experience of working on cloud infrastructure, architecture and technologies such as Azure, AWS, GCP, preferably Azure
- Experience using containerization and software defined infrastructure using Docker, Kubernetes
- Good understanding of Microservices and service mesh concepts like Istio, Nginx
- Strong experience in infrastructure deployment automation using tools like Terraform, Ansible
- Strong Knowledge in DevOps toolsets, Git, Jenkins, Nexus, Spinnaker, Maven
- Experience with scripting in Bash or Powershell or Python
- Solid understanding of Databases such as SQL, MySQL, Redis
- Strong understanding of Queuing and messaging services like Kafka, Event hub and servicebus
- Experience with server hardening and other security best practices
- A solid understanding of networking
- Good understanding on application and infrastructure monitoring tools like Prometheus, AppDynamics, Azure AppInsights
- Exposure to the software development lifecycle and agile software practices, from specification, development, Quality Assurance, release
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Good communication skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.