PayMe Senior Analytics Architect - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as PayMe Senior Analytics Architect
. Principal responsibilities
- Understand the business strategy and operations through establishment of key relationships
- Architect a testable business hypothesis from key issues surrounding the product, customers and operations
- Be hands on with raw data and the tools to manipulate and interrogate the data as required. This may include optimization or forecasting techniques
- Construct and execute the test using the data on our analytical environment and key tools such as Databricks, Python, Tableau
- Create an elegant data visualization, suitable for the executive level, to support the test outcome and consequent recommendation
- Craft the compelling written and spoken narrative to drive action
- Communicate the narrative in a compelling manner to both senior and non-technical colleagues
- Be engaged with global analytics counterparts to draw on or share best practices, as well as collaborate on global initiatives
- On occasion, perform ad hoc data tasks to assist the team where required
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Extensive years of experience in hands on Business analytics
- Data manipulation with Python, SQL, R, Jupyter notebook or similar
- Data visualization with Tableau or similar
- Building effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Compelling verbal presenter, both formally and informally, with and without materials
- Statistics relating to optimization or forecasting such as operations research, regressions, business models
- Strong understanding of when to apply modern analysis methods and machine learning kits such as Random Forest, Markov Chain analysis, Gradient boosting, Pathway analysis, neural networks
- Highly skilled in distilling tests from high level or initial business problem statements or hypotheses
- Able to break down problems into smaller and logical fragments that can be related to definitive solutions, approaches, concise data requirements and definitive timelines to complete
- Able to weave the solutions back into a holistic output that in turn answer the business question in succinct and business oriented narratives
- Effective in narrating the analytical output to stakeholders, draw agreement on business actions and or formulate questions next iterative analysis
- Experienced at embedding themselves within multi functional scrum teams as first line architect
- Highly experienced in the application of analytics in a business domain, preferably one that involved a digital front end
- Commercially and digitally savvy, particularly keeping up with industry developments in data, digital and payments
- Passionate about data visualization and data driven narratives
- Comfortable with mitigating ambiguity via testable assumptions
- Experienced at working in an Agile environment
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.