This role is within the Portfolio Compliance Monitoring team and reports to the Head of Portfolio Compliance Monitoring. The team is responsible for the day to day EOD monitoring of the investment restrictions of FIL's retail and institutional products and communicating any investment restriction and breaches to the Portfolio Managers.
The Portfolio Compliance Monitoring team (PCM) is a global function based in Hong Kong and is part of FIL's Global Compliance Monitoring department. The team is primarily responsible for performing End of Day ("EOD") portfolio compliance monitoring for all retail and institutional products globally managed by FIL as well as coding portfolio restrictions and investment guidelines in compliance monitoring system. PCM also provides compliance guidance and support to FIL's investment professionals, including Portfolio Managers across all asset classes, Portfolio Support Groups, Investment Risk and Portfolio Analytics teams. In relation to its portfolio compliance monitoring responsibilities, the team also engages with FIL's institutional services and product management teams and other support functions, including local compliance officers, legal and investment services globally.
Purpose of your role
- This role is within the Portfolio Compliance Monitoring team and reports to the Head of Portfolio Compliance Monitoring. The team is responsible for the day to day EOD monitoring of the investment restrictions of FIL's retail and institutional products and communicating any investment restriction and breaches to the Portfolio Managers. You will also be required to take a lead role in the take-on process for new mandates and amendments of existing mandate restrictions by proactively advising the business on the suitability of the restrictions.
- Being a senior member in the team, you will be responsible for conducting a 'peer review' of the CRD rule coding done by other team members, review and sign-off rule forms (or any changes therein) as well as provide guidance and coaching to the junior members in the team on various day to day matters
- Be the lead representative for the PCM function in the region.
- Produce Management Information relating to fund compliance, monitoring and team activities
- Lead projects within the team to improve on or implement new processes
- Take ownership of the account take-on process and ensure compliance systems are updated appropriately and on-time.
- To analyse, review and advise the business on investment guidelines for any funds or mandates managed by Fidelity.
- Evaluate investment restrictions for compliance testing and guide junior team members with restriction coding in the compliance system.
- Conduct peer review of the coding done in the compliance system to ensure accuracy and suitability.
- Lead liaison with Investment Compliance colleagues globally to ensure that investment restrictions coded on the compliance system are correctly interpreted; this may require discussions with Institutional Client Services, Relationship Directors, Legal, Product and other support teams.
- Identify, track, resolve and report compliance breaches in-line with internal policy and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in other compliance related portfolio monitoring, including aggregate ownership limits.
- Assist in conducting other compliance monitoring including aggregate ownership monitoring, rules advice and other investment compliance related matters and handling queries from investment professionals.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other functional areas for timely receipt of information required for the completion of tasks.
- Mentor and assist in the career development of more junior staff in the team.
- Ensure all tasks and responsibilities are completed by the team on time and accurately.
- Provide a high quality timely service to customers.
- Assist in a range of FIL-wide projects or tasks.
Working Relationships / Contacts
- Compliance teams globally
- Portfolio Managers, Trading Desks, Portfolio Services Group
- Institutional business, Client Service Managers and Relationship Directors
- Compliance Systems Support
- Product Development teams
- Investment Administration
- Data Management Services
Experience and Qualifications Required
- 5+ years experience in working in the investment management industry (preferably buy side) and of investment products
- Expert level knowledge of portfolio monitoring processes, including the interpretation of client investment management agreements
- Strong instrument knowledge of equities, fixed income and derivatives
- CFA or Bachelor of Business or Commerce preferred
- Team management experience and/ or mentoring and coaching junior staff will be an added advantage
- Business-level verbal and written English communication / presentation skills
- Positive team player as well as the ability to work on their own initiative and under strict timelines
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Investigative and questioning nature and ability to make sound decisions
- Strong self-motivation, organisation, prioritisation, time management, used to adapting to unforeseen changes
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with various levels of management across various departments
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook; Power BI would be an advantage