Private Wealth Management Asia, Non-Market Risk Team, Associate / Manager, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management Asia provides highly customized financial advice, investment solutions and brokerage services to individuals, families and foundations.
As Morgan Stanley’s premier service for individuals and families with significant means, we specialize in providing our clients with custom-tailored financial solutions and a level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments typically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments.
The Non Market Risk team operates within the Asia Private Wealth Management business as the first line of defence; who has ownership, responsibility and accountability for directly assessing, controlling and mitigating risks of the business.
The team oversees, monitors, measures and analyses non market risk exposure. The primary responsibilities for this business supervision role include:
- Partner with the PWM business and control partners such as Compliance and legal to establish the regulatory controls, governance framework and surveillance methodology is effectively in place to manage the risk of business
- Identify and participate in process re-engineering projects to reduce the residual risks of the department and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze reports and identify trends in assessing the risk of the business.
- Performs daily supervisory and trade based surveillance reviews to ensure adherence to Firm's policy and procedures. Monitor and identify internal breaches / control weaknesses and conduct investigations. Recommend corrective actions where needed.
- Prepare documentation to report and escalate to senior management any issues and exceptions highlighted.
- Oversee and manage outsourced surveillance teams to ensure that supervisory/surveillance reviews meet our performance criteria and quality standards.
- 4+ years of relevant working experience in the banking industry
- First line of defense experience
- Product knowledge of various asset-classes including equity, fixed income, listed and OTC derivatives and banking products
- Project Management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates Leadership capabilities
- Proficient in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Desired Skills (Optional):
- Risk, Compliance or Global Markets experience
- Previous work experience in a similar control/risk function within the business
- Thai / Bahasa language skills