General Counsel: The General counsel function comprises of Legal & Company Secretariat, Risk, Compliance, Public Policy & Strategic Relationship Management, Tax and Bermuda Head Office.
General Counsel Transformation Programme:
The objective of General Counsel Transformation is to build a "Fit for Future" operating model, where General Counsel provides 1) robust oversight and monitoring of 1Lod, 2) high quality advice to our internal stakeholders, 3) effective and efficient engagement with external stakeholders and 4) deliver substantial cost efficiencies
Purpose of your role
The primary function of the role is to analyse, document and design the Processes associated with the General Counsel Target Operating model to the level of detail required for implementation of the projects within the General Counsel Transformation programme.
The individual should have experience of delivering process analysis, re-engineering and design across projects which have multiple workstreams split across various teams and locations and preferably in a 2LoD oversight function such as Risk, Compliance or Legal.
- Process analysis, design and documentation of the GC Target Operating Model which may include (but is not limited to):
- Process design principles
- Process and procedure documentation
- Capability analysis and alignment to roles
- Process Impact analysis and transition plans
- Facilitate business workshops with the senior leadership team and SMEs
- Accountable for co-ordinating and process oversight across multiple teams/functions to ensure process alignment across GC.
- Act as a central point of contact for process design, including liaison with organisation design and technology
- Preparation and presentation of process artefacts for syndication and approval as required by Programme Governance
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Min 5 years process design experience in projects across large financial services organisations where tangible efficiencies achieved.
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- The ability to deliver project objectives in an agile and flexible manner to meet the needs of business teams.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to face off to senior peers and stakeholders
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Excel, Powerpoint, Viso,
- Expertise in Lean/Six Sigma and process reengineering
- Experience of 2nd Line Oversight functions such as Risk, Compliance and Legal
- Experience of large-scale transformation projects involving organisation, process, location and technology change.
- Experience with shared services/centres of expertise.