Product Control - Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities (Relocation available)
- $HK 55,000 - 65,000
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 20 Jul 18 2018-07-20
My client is one of the worlds largest bulge bracket investment banks.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Detailed P&L decomposition including escalation of material unexplained variances
- Provide explanations for significant P&L drivers e.g. market changes, new deals, book remarks, reserves etc.
- Complete daily reconciliation of estimate to actual, and ensure reporting website is updated with explanations for all material differences
- Complete month-end financial legal close, P&L and balance sheet as well as management close
- Produce daily balance sheet estimates, ensure accurate and timely reporting including analytical review on significant movements and balances
- Decomposition of balance sheet for the business, identifying opportunities to reduce adjusted assets
- Complete month-end balance sheet reporting by internal deadlines, explaining movements or variances between estimates and final results
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled, escalating variances.
- Ensure all reserve balances and valuation adjustments are reconciled and appropriately authorized
- Ensure validity of allocated/attributed balances as well as internal funding charge
- Leading role in driving team projects, including automation and process enhancement;
- Ensure all front to back breaks are understood, and escalated in accordance with standards
- Ensuring a minimum of manual, stand alone processes are maintained. Where tactically used, ensuring a strategic solution is being sought.
- Accurate analysis and recording of operational loss events;
- Involvement in completion of New Product Review documentation for new businesses / products proposed by your trading desk, and the implementation of systems and process changes / improvements that are required
- Perform independent price testing
- Calculate/validate valuation adjustments and reserves
- Working with the business and Global Valuation Group on valuation related issues
- Monitor and analyze material reserve movement
- Development and production of Financial Reporting for business reviews
- Regular independent price review meeting, escalating issues, and tracking closure
- At least 5 years control experience with excellent knowledge of fixed income, currencies & commodity products