Product Manager, Asia ex Japan
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. PRIMARY PURPOSE
Assist the Regional Product Manager covering Asia ex Japan on product development and management initiatives and support TRP's continued growth and expansion in the region. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES Product Strategy
Objective: Assist in advancing Asia related product initiatives and priorities to support TRP's business growth in the region. Assist in providing an unbiased and objective assessment of new product ideas and product enhancements.
APAC Fund Registration and Maintenance
- Develop business cases and proposals on APAC product and pricing initiatives with the relevant Product teams; coordinate with internal stakeholders to obtain senior management and Product Strategy Committee approvals where necessary. This requires the ability to work closely with local distribution team as well as the Product Range Management team to develop a strong understanding of both the local market dynamics and TRP's philosophy and approach to pricing/capacity management.
- Based on market analysis, and in collaboration with Distribution and Asset Class Product Management teams, assist in the research and discussions on the local marketability of new strategies or modifications of existing strategies to ensure our products have the right attributes (including guidelines and positioning, naming, fees, payout, target client segments etc.) to win in the market and are aligned with the firm's core value and strategic priorities.
Objective: Assist in continuously registering TRP vehicles in the region to ensure that the local business has a diversified and sustainable product set for meeting the long-term growth ambitions in the retail / intermediary channels.
General Product and Business Support
- Work with Distribution to identify and prioritize local fund registration needs across Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, and South Korea.
- In cooperation with the EMEA Product Management team and APAC Legal team, assist in the initial registration and on-going maintenance of Luxembourg domiciled funds (including registration timeline coordination, priority management across projects, traffic control on product-related inquiries etc.).
- Monitor product changes and regulatory developments, research and analyze potential impact on local registrations.
Objective: Act as the local SME on TRP product range, as well as general market trends and competitive landscape in Asia ex Japan. Assist in the assessment of product needs and requirements for new market entry.
- Act as a local point of contact for product inquiries from internals stakeholders in the region (including Distribution, GCAS, Legal, Compliance, Investments etc.). Investigate and liaise with relevant teams to address requests and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Perform regular and ad-hoc research and analysis on the market (general trends, flows, top players and competitors' moves, regulatory changes, fund vehicle structures, fees etc.) and specific competitor funds (identify reasons behind success / failures of market winners and losers), to help inform discussions and recommendations on product strategy, local registrations, and new market entry (e.g. China, Taiwan).
- College degree and at least 5-10 years relevant work experience for in an investment firm and preferably product related function.
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Self-motivated, creative, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Experience communicating financial matters
- Prior research and project management experience
- Discipline to manage large volumes of projects versus tight deadlines
- Software and Database skills preferred
- Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese (spoken and written)
- Broad understanding of the different functions which supports an asset management business
- Understanding of operational infrastructure related to commingled funds especially SICAVs
- Understanding of the investment / regulatory environment in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and China.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.