Professional Development Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 19 Sep 17
As a global professional recruitment consultancy, Morgan McKinley connects specialist talent with leading employers across multiple industries and disciplines. We have established ourselves as a preferred supplier to many of the major players in our specialist sectors, as well as with thousands of smaller local employers. In Hong Kong, we recruit within the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Banking and Financial Services, Human Resources, IT, Risk, Compliance, Legal & Audit, Office Support and Sales & Marketing.
A Global Hedge Fund company is looking for a Professional Development Manager to join their team.
- Review and provide detailed feedback on stock pitches and PM investment process
- Build analytical tools for measuring and improving long/short team performance and investment process
- Conduct deep dives on long/short portfolios to determine key return drivers and asses overall investment/team
- process with the objective of improving alpha returns
- Develop and update curriculum of Best Practices to promote continuous learning and improvement on the investment platform (recent modules include Shorting, Trading & Execution, Integrating Primary Research, Company Meetings)
- Interface with Analysts, Portfolio Managers, and data teams to develop, document, and distribute best practices on incorporating data
- Around 8 years of experience in investment banking and/or financial modelling.
- Ideal candidates: Portfolio Manager or Senior Investment Analyst
- Experience with statistical modelling
- Ability to run projects end to end, exercising strong decision-making capabilities while executing and building on the team's vision
- Excellent technical skills - Excel/Bloomberg, presentation-building, database analytics
- Good written & spoken English (Japanese and Chinese are highly preferable)
A great opportunity for Portfolio Manager or Investment Analyst who is looking to develop their career in Professional Development field.