Program Director, Distribution Delivery & Transformation
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Program Director, Distribution Delivery & Transformation
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Regional Distribution Delivery & Transformation team has the mandate to ensure we deliver business and IT initiatives that deliver on Manulife's Regional Distribution strategic vision. We work across the different countries within the Asia region, partnering with local countries to deliver processes and solutions that deliver value for our distributors and customers.
The Regional Distribution Delivery & Transformation Team will be involved in projects across channel and business or technology based initiatives and accordingly will involve extensive stakeholder management and collaboration across all functional and business units. As part of this team, the Program Director is to direct the timely, quality and cost effective delivery of all program components associated with the point of sale program. To manage a pool of IT & business Program resources as a team, these resources will be a mixture of permanent and contingent staff and will be regional and locally supplied. Key areas of focus will be the monitoring and control of Program/Project milestones, budget, scope, risks/issues, change and deliverables to meet the project success criteria. Provide timely and accurate information and communications to the GM's of each of the countries and work closely with internal Centres of Excellence for delivery status.
- Responsible for program implementation (i.e. overall business & technical implementation) for all countries in the Region. This icncludes ensuring the programs are delivered with a focus on scope, quality, timeliness and within budget
- Maintain business alignment across work streams, by working closely with the senior stakeholders to maintain scope (CEO's, CFOS and Chief Distribution Officers)
- Responsible for managing Program Managers that manage each of the country deliveries to ensure the adhere to the overall program plan
- Ensure that the Release planning and transition to BAU is completed at the country level to determine a clear roadmap for functionality is delivered in line with the End State Vision for the country
- Provide project oversight to ensure that the plan and business scope for solution delivery is maintained as per the business case developed.
- Point of contact for the country to advise any operational in-efficiencies and enhancement requests for the solutions being deployed at the country level.
- Responsible to ensure that the solution being implemented at the country level is leveraging the best practice across the countries in the region.
- Enforces the digital solutions vision for best practices and integrate these elements to create the optimal customer experience.
- Minimum 10-15 years of solid experience of project management or in delivery role in Wealth Management/Investment sector.
- Solid experience and knowledge in insurance or wealth asset management including middle office operations.
- Exceptional knowledge and proficiency in project management tools, techniques, and systems development methodologies and lifecycles, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Highly effective influence, negotiation and collaboration skills with the ability to work across the enterprise globally.
- Strong financial management skills to establish controls, track resource/costs and provide good business solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels, including C-suite.
- Must have proven experience in identifying project risks and issues, and making effective decisions/engaging project team members to develop risk mitigation/avoidance plans.
- Ability to foster and build relationships, engage and influence others, work with diverse internal, global business units and global network providers/outsourcers.
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness and understanding of cultural diversity.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products including MS Word, Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Comfortable dealing with third-party vendors.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.