- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 16 Jan 18 2018-01-16
A business project management position focusing on projects specific to the APAC Region – both APAC Wholesale Lines of Business, and those where the APAC Region is a stakeholder for Enterprise initiatives.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
- Lead indirect project teams and manage all activities in a project life-cycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end.
- Interact with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects.
- Consult with business partners to clarify and define complex project requirements, budgets and business cases, including statements of work.
- Create and deliver presentations on program or project goals, and detailed work-plans / traceability matrices, including progress reports, working across multiple lines of business and functions.
- Understand and implement program and project level processes, procedures and performance metrics.
- Manage a family or series of projects associated with a specific business strategy to obtain benefits and controls.
- Ensure program / project-related risks are managed according to the Project Management Policy.
- Directly and indirectly influence leadership, key stakeholders, team members and external providers to ensure successful outcome of program deliverables.
- Directly manage program / project expenses for Business and Technology resources to ensure project financial goals met.
- Define appropriate level of program / project governance based on size, duration and complexity of change.
- Manages indirect team members in multiple global locations to ensure program / project deliverables met.
- Extensive management / project management experience and the ability to clearly demonstrate the management of cross functional / cross discipline teams both through direct management and influence.
- Strong knowledge of project / program management concepts and the ability to pragmatically apply to maximize outcomes.
- Ability to lead/manage multiple initiatives at the same time and the inherent prioritization of work effort that ensues.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to interpret and synthesize complex business and technical environments to scope and control project work.
- Excellent influencing skills, with the demonstrated credibility to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders, both within APAC and the United States.
- Proven experience indirectly influencing experienced project management professionals in multiple locations and time-zones.
- Experience and knowledge of the APAC Regional business model (or similar), and International Banking.
- Extensive knowledge of banking systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate across all levels of management and interpersonal styles
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.