Middle / Front Office Transformation for a Global Bank (1-year renewable contract with possibility to turn perm)
The Transformation team supports the requirements gathering, project co-ordination and delivery of strategic initiatives for the APAC business while ensuring the business is compliant with current regulations and evolving regulatory reform and operates in line with the groups standards on Risk & Control and the Conduct agenda.
This BA/PM will join to specifically support the Global Markets Wealth Transformation programme, which will deliver strategic outcomes to grow the Wealth business for Institutional clients. The focus will be to support the transformation Book of Work for Global Markets Wealth, which is multi-year funded. Due to the complexity and multi-year nature, we are looking for a BA/PM to join us for a 12-month contract with a option to extend beyond that time period.
As part of the Global Markets Wealth Transformation agenda, the bank is undergoing significant work to scale-up our product platforms to support the bank’s ambitious digitally led Wealth plans, requiring full automation of the end-to-end technology stack (e.g. pricing, execution, hedging, downstream and lifecycle events). The diversity in the portfolio includes initiatives related to our digitization journey, improving scalabitlity of our infrastructure and processes, establishing connectivity to third parties, as well as cross selling initiatives across both Wealth & Personal Banking (Retail Banking) and also, albeit less so, with Private Banking.
The focus of the first initiative will be to work with key stakeholders to scope and document platform improvements on what the bank offers the external market with respect to Retail Equity Structured Products.
- Elicit, capture and provide high quality business requirements and specification documents
- Liaise with front office users, product owners, Equity IT development teams and third party development teams.
- Work with key stakeholders to scope and document our offering of Retail Equity Structured Products
- Drive non-IT requirements gathering including control, Regulatory Compliance and Legal requirements.
- Manage IT and non-IT deliverables in co-ordination with Product Owners, COO and other FO stakeholders
- Compliance with the current regulatory environment and ensuring the business keeps pace with regulatory reform.
- Experience in Financial Services industry with focus on i) Structured products, and/or ii) Equities Derivatives and/or Fixed Income products.
- Understanding of Equity HK / Asia market structure.
- Experience as a Business Analyst in either Front Office, Middle Office, Technology or Finance.
- Experience working in projects and to a project cadence with usual project artefacts (scope documents, business case; requirements; project plans).
- Analytical skills and a proven track record of managing / breaking down large complex business problems, processes and interactions across organisational boundaries.
- Strong facilitation and influencing skills. Experience working with Product Managers, Technology, Sales and support functions is ideal.
- Ability to challenge constructively business & product partners and IT.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Comfortable with being taken out of their comfort zone and has the ability to quickly learn new business / products / regions etc.
- Ability to synthesise and document business problems in an informative and easily consumable way.
- Ability to communicate with impact at various levels within a wide global and matrix organization (from people at execution level to top management).
- Experience in working with different project teams technology, risk, finance etc.
- Energetic, resilient and self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously and little direction when needed.