The Fixed Income Department (FID) Project Manager role focuses on cross team projects spanning various technology groups such as development, infrastructure technology, technology security risk, and technology governance teams.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Providing project management on regional initiatives to support the business. This will include managing resources across multiple teams/locations
- Working closely with the business, development, technology and technology risk managers to oversee and track the technology initiatives being delivered
- Interaction with other technology silos, operations, finance and risk teams to coordinate testing, and deployment
- Assisting with managing the pipeline of work and facilitating prioritization in line with current supply/demand
- Driving analysis and feasibility studies for potential projects
- Adhering to and providing support for regional project and risk governance processes
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience, preferably at a major management consulting firm or financial institution
- Technical background/understanding preferable
- Knowledge of the financial services industry; preferably in an investment bank with Fixed Income business knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written skill with ability to create high quality written products that are comprehensive, accurate, and tailored to the audience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization with excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong analytic and problem solving/process improvement skills; ability to learn quickly and solve poorly defined problems.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities
- Overall experience in hands-on project management, specifically in information technology-related projects essential, and preferably supporting financial services businesses
- Solid understanding of the Project Lifecycle (PLC) and System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) components.
- MS-Project, MS Excel, and general MS-Office skills essential.
- Strong knowledge of Asian markets and exchanges, including the associated regulations that govern the Asia region
- Experience with large scale regulatory initiatives gained from having worked with the capital markets trading industry (fixed income) at a global bank or consultancy