- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 07 Jun 18 2018-06-07
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 70 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for an Quant Trader who is an energetic, self-motivated individual with strong analytic skills to join Franklin Templeton’s equity trading desk in Hong Kong. This role will require solid knowledge of electronic trading, market structure as well as regulatory requirement.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Provide consistent and cost effective equity trading execution to the Franklin Templeton funds via algorithms
- Engage with quantitative analysts, the street, and firm‘s trading cost analysis provider to understand market structures, algorithm behavior with the end goal of evaluating and improving the trading process and costs
- Manage and execute electronic order flow across Asian equity markets
- Work with the team on an Algorithm - Wheel to handle the low touch order flows efficiently
- Demonstrate and share knowledge of electronic equity trading, market structure and market challenges
- Work closely with global trading team to maintain a globally consistent process, contribute to the global strategy focused on algorithm selection and optimization
- Partnership with regional high touch traders to optimize trade execution and flow
- Engage with sell side counterparties on algorithm construction and market micro structure
- Engage with Trading Cost Analysis providers, quantitative inputs and technical analysis to reduce trading costs where possible
- Work with other traders in regional desks on improving pre-trade order profiling and post trade attribution
- Communicate regularly with Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts and other investment professionals that interact with trading department.
- Work effectively and professionally with the business partners of Global Equity Trading including compliance and risk management, information technology, and other similar groups
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree required. Finance or Economic concentration preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in quant trading within the investment industry, ideally supporting a team of investment professionals
- MBA or CFA will be highly preferred
- Strong communication and negotiation skills dealing with brokers and managing relationships effectively
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and a keen interest in the investment process
- Able to prioritize, work under pressure and demonstrate a commitment to the investment management team.
- Proficiency with market data sources (Bloomberg, Reuters) and Microsoft Office products (Excel, Powerpoint)
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities. An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values, and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people,and see what it means to say, “I AM Franklin Templeton.”
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.