Rating Analyst, Infrastructure Sector
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 26 May 18 2018-05-26
Rating Analyst, Infrastructure Sector
The Role: Rating Analyst, Infrastructure Sector
The Location: Hong Kong
The Team / The Business: The development of infrastructure across Asia is essential for countries to continue their strong levels of economic growth and achieve greater prosperity. From China to Australia and Indonesia to India, financial market participants play an important role in the process by facilitating the efficient deployment of capital for corporations and projects. You will be part of a global and multicultural team. While the role is primarily focused on China, the APAC Infrastructure Practice covers all of Asia ex-Japan, exposing all team members to opportunities to work on a large variety of transactions from different markets.
The Impact: You will be a critical member in the credit ratings team for the Infrastructure Practice. You are responsible for analyzing individual company's financial performance, competitive industry placement and quality of management for analytical purposes. This analysis also includes sectors and market trends.
What's in it for you: You will be responsible for the development of spreadsheet statistics and databases and will be actively involved in developing rating committee presentations, portfolio reviews and thought leadership aimed at investors and other financial market participants.
You will play a key role within the Analytical team assisting experienced analysts in resolving client's needs, assessing client's financial performance, projections and business plan and concisely communicating with internal and external customers.
- Collect economic and financial information specific to markets and corporate organizations, conduct market sector and statistical analysis, interpret key market data and present these elements as useful business information for use in credit ratings and reports
- Support senior analysts to prepare presentations and participate in meetings with clients
- Work closely with senior analysts to ensure most recent information is updated in the financial model, use financial model analysis as inputs for credit reports
- Conduct research including identifying data, data inputs and statistical analysis of results and create and maintain databases and analytical reports
- Assist in preparation of market reports including data research and use of graphics to best communicate ideas to the market
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor degree in commerce, finance, accounting or related subjects
- Pursuing CPA or CFA designation will be ideal
- 2 - 4 years of research or analytical experience with other financial institutions
- Strong Excel and analytical skills to collate and analyze a wide range of information
- Strong understanding of the Chinese market; especially government related companies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English & Mandarin
- Good organization skills and strong attention to details
- Good time management and prioritization; managing priorities while maintaining high standards; and strong ability and desire to work as part of a high performing team
- Candidates with less experience can be considered as Research Assistant
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.