Regional Compliance & Risk Officer (Asia Pacific)
- HK$ 1 million basic + bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- IPS Group (Asia) Limited
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Our client is a leading reinsurance firm with global presence. They are currently looking for a regional compliance officer to oversee the Asia Pacific Regions. Working with the Global Compliance department to promote an organisational culture committed to integrity, ethical conduct and compliance with the law, and by implementing standards, policies and procedures that provide reasonable assurance that the Asia-Pacific region achieves its financial, operational and strategic objectives in a manner consistent with its local compliance and regulatory obligations and with the company overarching compliance mandate.
- To liaise with relevant regulatory bodies within the Asia-Pacific region, including responding to/coordinating responses to regulatory surveys and enquiries.
- Maintain the business continuity plans for the Asia-Pacific region.
- Enhance the compliance library information sources, so as to have readily accessible information on a variety of key and high risk issues relevant to the Asia-Pacific region.
- Participate in Global Compliance Conference Calls (bi-monthly).
- Maintain money laundering training for all staff, with periodic training presentations for new staff, and annual renewal training presentations for all.
Skills & Experience Required:
- University graduate with a Bachelor Degree.
- CPA/Legal qualification preferred.
- Insurance qualification such as ACII or the equivalent
- At least 6-8 years of relevant working experience with some years working in a general insurance company
- Ability to work independently with good communication skills
- Excellent English and Chinese skills
- Ideally has experience dealing with regulators / external auditors