Regional Data Steward - Corporate Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Oct 17 2017-10-04
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Corporate Banking provides international financial services solutions that support businesses ranging from large corporates to mid-market enterprises in a variety of industry sectors all over the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global product network, Corporate Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large and mid-market enterprises seeking to maximise their potential internationally, offering streamlined business access to HSBC’s international network and broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Regional Data Steward.
In this role, you will
- Provide data consultancy to senior commercial bank stakeholders and project teams, to resolve or provide recommendations for resolution of data issues.
- Work with information Technology stakeholders to assess the system implications of executing data policies and standards, and develop plans for adoption of standards
- Execute Commercial Banking data policies and standards by working collaboratively with business and Information Technology stakeholders
- Build trusting relationship with stakeholders by consistently eliciting requirements that meet and deliver upon their business needs
- Stakeholders include Segment, Product, Compliance, Finance Risk, and Information Technology
- Communicate a clear vision for Business Analytics that is aligned to the overall banks vision, values and goals, and inspires and engages people to create an inclusive, high performing, customer centred culture
- Manage the processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets, identifying and implementing improvements and collaborating with colleagues to maximize end to end integration, effectiveness and efficiency
- Demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes and procedures
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Banking experience with good knowledge of investment banking global markets and commercial banking
- Solid years experience in data management or governance role, with good awareness of industry data standards
- Solid years of experience with market data providers, vendor data evaluation and usage with a focus on Data Standards
- Good working knowledge of data matching tools and the utilization of standards as part of quality assurance
- Experienced with Entity and Account data management, particularly around static counterparty data, legal hierarchies and other party to party relationships
- Experienced in leading large scale data remediation and integration in a Financial Services environment driven by the need to standardize data assets
- Experienced in writing business documents, legal or compliance background preferred
- Excellent business communication in written, verbal and presentation skills, particularly in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and client oriented
- Self motivated, focused, detailed oriented and able to work efficiently to deadlines are essential
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, but is also a good team player
- Ability to work across geographically dispersed teams and off-shore resources in a matrix environment
- High degree of personal integrity
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009PJ8
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited