Regional Financial Reporting Manager/Sr. Manager (Contract)
- HKD60000 - HKD70000 per month
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Argyll Scott Hong Kong
- 08 Dec 17 2017-12-08
This is a 9 month contract Financial Reporting role for a growing life insurance company in Hong Kong. It is a regional role that will cover reporting functions for Asia, including Hong Kong.
Our client is a growing life insurance business in Asia specialising in the High Net Worth / Expat market. This is a 9 month contract role that sits in the Finance function within their regional office in Hong Kong. Since the company focuses on high-end international market rather than mass market, this team would cover reporting functions for both Hong Kong and Asia regional consolidation. Therefore, you can potentially gain good hands-on and regional coordination exposure in this role.
- Review group financial reporting and business performance analysis
- Review monthly & quarterly transaction posting for IFRS and Regulatory reporting
- Review monthly analytical reports and analysis on premium, claims, commission and other areas
- Prepare and finalize monthly key financial reconciliations, and follow-up on unreconciled items
- Confirm monthly & quarterly inter-company balances with other companies within the group
- Support quarterly Group IFRS and year-end statutory accounts and preparation of disclosures
- Develop procedures, controls and reports to improve the quality of reporting, the value add from analysis and reporting and the efficiency and cost effectiveness of the teams work.
- Support ad-hoc projects/ tasks, e.g. investment reporting reconciliations/ investigations.
- Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance
- Qualified by recognized professional body such as CPA / ACCA
- At least 5 years of experience in financial accounting & reporting in insurance industry preferred. Individuals with experience in Financial Services companies will also be considered.
- Knowledge in IFRS and regulatory framework in insurance environment
- Experience in transaction handling and preparation of financial reports & analysis
- Good liaison and organization experience, both internal and external
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Sze Sze Yeung at email@example.com or call directly on +852 3695 5140 for a confidential discussion
Argyll Scott Asia is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.