Regional Head, Property Operational Risk, GCNA
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 13 Jun 18 2018-06-13
* Accountable to the Regional Head of Property and the Property Head of Operational Risk to review Property Management Information from countries relating to control effectiveness and to escalate inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Risk Governance
- Align operational risk management approach across the region to the Risk Management Framework and oversee effective implementation at a country level
- Ensure that Property staff including Supply Partners for the region understand fully and accept their risk management responsibilities in relation to operational risk and that all 1st line is competent in their risk management duties.
- Accountable to the Regional Head of Property and the Property Head of Operational Risk to review Property Management Information from countries relating to control effectiveness and to escalate inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems
- Maintain and develop operational risk capabilities, skills and infrastructure to meet ongoing business needs and plans
- Accountable to ensure risks are suitably identified, assessed, controlled or mitigated, monitored and residual risks are maintained within risk tolerance and the Property Risk register for country is understood and maintained by the relevant process owners.
- Accountable to carry out a systematic program of risk based process reviews on critical processes, reviews based on thematic risks and reviews to provide validation of control design and effectiveness across the region report findings to Regional Head of Property and Head of Property Operational Risk.
- Risk Appetite
- Assess periodically the operational risk profile of the region and ensure it maintains alignment with risk appetite
- Uphold the integrity of operational risk/return decisions by challenging PROPERTY Heads to demonstrate that risk origination and control decisions are properly informed and consistent with strategy and risk tolerance
- Recommend changes to the control environment or function practices where necessary to reduce the level of operational risk exposure to within agreed appetite
- Risk Control Ownership of Property Operational Risk
- Accountable to challenge the completeness of risk identification, assessment, monitoring and control activities across Operational Risk within Property owned end to end processes and help identify and address any significant gaps that may exist between them.
- Assure compliance with Operational Risk policy & procedures.
- Risk identification and Assessment
- Accountable to validate and challenge the first line risk identification and assessment of gross and residual risks arising from its end to end processes and identify any gaps.
- Assess the control environment including, but not limited to, control design, control execution, control testing and control history.
- Recommend changes to the control environment or to work practice where necessary to reduce the level of operational risk exposure to within the agreed tolerance.
- Risk Acceptance
- Review residual risk acceptance record templates for all medium, high and very high country level PROPERTY risks to ensure appropriateness before submission to the relevant approving committees.
- Assist the classification and accurate reporting of operational risk events and the appropriateness of mitigation actions.
- Challenge and constrain relevant Property activities where risks are not aligned with control requirements or risk tolerance.
- Risk Monitoring
- Ascertain and confirm that country risk registers; KRIs, KCIs, and CSTs are effectively implemented and reported in accordance with Group and Country requirements.
- Periodically review operational risk assessments to ensure these appropriately reflect changes in environment, mitigating controls and the progress of treatment plans.
- Work with local Property team to review control and risk metrics in order to monitor KRIs and KCIs.
- Ensure a robust program of control reviews, including tracking of actions for the region.
- Risk & Loss Reporting
- Approve the classification and accurate reporting of operational risk losses from country.
- Report and escalate Significant Operational Risk Events (SORE).
- Accountable to ensure unsatisfactory Operational Risk Events are investigated and the root cause report completed and provided within the appropriate timelines to the Regional Head of Property and Head of Property Operational Risk.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Operational risk management experience. Relevant experience within the banking or real estate industry
- Strong leadership qualities, excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness
- Solid understanding of Operational Risk Management Framework
- Solid understanding of the risk technological infrastructure and applications used in the Bank including EORP
- Solid understanding of Banking Operations and the Regulatory requirements governing Banking Operations
- An aptitude to acquire professional knowledge and educational accreditation in related fields
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and with a high degree of initiative
- Sound judgement and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships
A diverse culture
We are committed to building a culture that fosters a diverse and inclusive environment that's free from bias, where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution. This is just one of our values that is expressed in our brand promise - here for good. Apply Now...