- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Feb 18
Regional Head of Talent Acquisition, APAC
Location: Hong KongThe Role / Responsibilities: The Regional Head of Talent Acquisition will report directly to the APAC Regional HR Leader and is responsible for developing and executing recruiting regional strategies that strengthen organizational capabilities to ensure business leaders have the talent to successfully achieve business objectives.
The Regional Head of Talent Acquisition will lead a team of recruiters and operations staff and will work together with senior business leaders in the APAC region and with other recruiting team members globally to provide full lifecycle best practice recruitment services. They will design and assist with the execution of region wide talent acquisition strategies to identify, attract and hire high-quality talent for the business / region, utilizing active and passive sourcing techniques to fill existing and future job openings. The Regional Head of Talent Acquisition will interpret internal employment demands and translate them into timely, results-driven action items for their team members to execute.
- Accountable for end-to-end recruitment delivery for each line of business, hiring across the region, and representation of Moody's to external markets
- Manage and oversee full life-cycle regional recruiting processes.
- Align recruiting processes to best support Moody's current and future staffing needs within the HR service delivery framework.
- Execute global outsourcing strategy appropriate to the regions workforce planning and business needs and identify and contract with outsource vendor partners to source, attract, and hire best talent.
- Strengthen existing and identify new sources of hires and develop relationships with external top performers who can positively impact business outcomes in the future.
- Utilize various tools and resources to effectively evaluate talent in a variety of methods in order to ensure that the company is selecting highly qualified and engaged professionals to join the organization
- Identify talent on the market and build a pipeline of candidates for future vacancies
- Design and implement external candidate recruiting programs that attract, select and retain a qualified, diverse workforce and support Moody's workplace diversity goals.
Recruiting Strategy & Marketing
- Provide solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives
- Collaborate across the Global Talent Acquisition shared services function to align with and implement the global sourcing strategy in order to drive successful hiring practices and outcomes throughout the region
- Assess, regionalize and communicate recruiting strategies, including sourcing and acquisition strategies; recruiting tools and processes; talent mapping and systems.
- Implement external candidate marketing and proactive recruiting programs and processes that attract, select and retain a qualified, diverse workforce.
- Partner with Diversity and Inclusion to design and implement strategies to achieve Moody's aspirational diversity goals including support of campus recruiting and summer internship programs.
- Analyze regional success against metrics and create and execute plans to achieve on-going improvement in results that will increase retention in the business.
- Build and implement operational efficiencies and practices that drive strong performance across all recruitment-related metrics including Time to Fill, Quality of Hire, Cost Per Hire and Source effectiveness.
- Establish and oversee adherence to recruiting effectiveness metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) in the region (number of hires, quality of hire, early turnover, hiring manager satisfaction, pool quality, offer acceptance, bench strength, cost, decrease in agency costs, pipeline development, source of hire, referral rates)
- Plan out monthly hiring targets and 2-3 year projections in collaboration with business leaders and HR business partners
- Understand regional and line of business talent needs to develop strategic hiring/workforce plan with business and HR leaders
- Partner with HR Business Partners, regional business leaders, and other key stakeholders to analyze business goals, identify talent needs and/or gaps associated with those goals, and develop and implement programs to find the right talent.
- Serve as a leader to drive workforce planning across all lines of business.
- Execute a technology strategy in collaboration with HR Service Delivery leader that supports effective and efficient recruiting processes, employment branding and leverages social media to attract the best talent.
- Manage a regional team of recruiters across the region and in support of all lines of business. Assist with the regional Talent Acquisition budget.
- Guide regional recruiters to build, develop and manage a network/database of key competition and talent worldwide utilizing and leveraging innovative techniques.
- Optimize the team's ability to achieve delivery, quality, diversity and cost targets for recruitment and ensure compliance and control of all recruitment activities and processes
- Provide strategic guidance, enablement, thought leadership and operational assistance to the recruitment team
The Talent Acquisition function is responsible for executing the recruiting strategy aligned to business requirements and is comprised of recruiting specialists and recruiting operations teams. The function consists of Recruiters and Recruiting Operations / Administration.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- 10 years or more of progressively responsibility with hands on full life cycle recruiting
- Experience in a geographically dispersed, multi-site environment
- Ability to build strong networks internally and externally
- Strict attention to details and knowledge of laws as they pertain to Talent Acquisition in the APAC region
- Strong track record of developing, implementing and managing the change around strategy for talent sourcing, acquisition and mapping
- Ability to be flexible when needed, to take initiative, and to demonstrate accountability
- Oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of current trends and practices relating to talent acquisition, including compensation structures
- Excellent project management and organization skills in order to work and lead several initiatives simultaneously, effectively and efficiently
- Well-developed experience in using multiple recruiting strategies and sources including advanced use of social networking channels, for passive and active candidate recruitment
- Strong negotiation skills, ideally in a global matrix organization with ability to challenge status quo to ensure best talent attracted, retained and developed
- Comfortable working in a global and multi-cultural environment where collaboration, cooperation, consensus building, persuasion and a team approach to management is the norm
- Trusted and sought out by HR Business Partners and business leaders for advice and counsel on strategic and mission-critical business and organizational issues
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.