Regional Portfolio Risk Manager- APAC Real Estate
The Credit Review Portfolio Manager is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Recognized subject matter expert within one area. Strong commercial awareness is a necessity. Is an acknowledged authority both within and outside area of expertise. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication is typically required. Provides advanced judgment and conducts in-depth quantitative or qualitative analysis to solve problems and develop new, innovative solutions. Required to think beyond existing solutions, assumptions or current knowledge of sophisticated areas. Significant impact on a function and/or the business through making decisions that determine technical approaches and strategies for the area. Responsibilities: Deal Management
- RE Risk Management interface with relevant Origination teams, with a primary focus on BCMA and Private Bank, for new credit initiatives, renewals of existing credits and portfolio analysis and management.
- Provide direction to analyst teams on the composition, structure and level ofanalysis required for financing activity.
- Define the level of due diligence requirements and work with business teams on completion of deal due diligence.
- Review and critique Greenlight and Credit Approval Memoranda.Represent RE Risk in client discussions, bank syndication meetings and documentation negotiation.
- Oversight of the APAC BCMA and PB portfolios
- Involvement in the periodic renewal of the PB real estate programs, the primary document which defines the scope of the lending that PB can undertake in real estate.
- Approve, manage and report extensions of credit to corporate entities and individuals secured by real estate or supported by revenues and sales proceeds from real estate activities.
- Assess and challenge cash flow models, personal net worth statements, sensitivity tables, and stress tests to income and debt serviceability for new and existing transactions.
- Risk Mitigation: Work with business and risk seniors on risk mitigation strategies, if required. This may involve undertaking stress tests to assess potential stress losses.
- Oversight of Risk Rating Practices
- Review of risk rating methodologies for adequacy and accuracy.
- Suggest updates and amendments.
- Review and all risk ratings and supporting justifications.
- Communicate best practices to business.
- Interact and work closely with the Institutional Remedial Management (IRM) team to ensure strong oversight and management of the criticized portfolio.
- Quarterly reporting of judgmental risk ratings to CORA.
- Interact with Audit and Global Risk Review (including FCR and OCA) personnel for both deal level engagement as well as periodic reviews.
- Primary responsibility for APAC BCMA and PB reporting requirements, and RE limits monitoring. Working in close co-ordination with the global product head for real estate risk based in New York.
- Quarterly Exposure and LTV exception Report.
- Limits reporting.
- Classified Report.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Train first line and second line analysts / associates in Real Estate risk credit analysis.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance.
- Knowledge of various capital markets and derivative products and associated documentation.
- Good understanding of Policies and Procedures affecting the Credit Risk management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present analysis and recommendation in a succinct manner to seniors.
- Sound risk and business judgment on the full spectrum of risk issues including franchise risk.
- Demonstrated aptitude for tackling analytical questions through quantitative modelling and the analysis and manipulation of large data elements.
- Ability to meet deadlines created due to business needs.
- Independent problem solving skills.
- Ability to conduct onsite due diligence visits with relationship managers.
- 15+ years experience of banking experience with some experience inReal Estate lending, preferably either in PB or BCMA platforms. Non-recourse asset based lending experience could also be considered as relevant experience.
- Experience of acquisition financing, M&A and / or IPO linked financings.
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues.
- Fully conversant in credit policy matters.
- Good knowledge of capital markets products, including derivatives.
- Ability to recognize emerging risks, including operational risk.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate to audiences of varying levels of seniority.
- Proficient commercial awareness.
- Senior Credit Officer designation is essential for this role.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered on an exception basis. Valuing Diversity
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Credit Review Risk Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting