Regulatory Affairs - Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
Are you a confident decision maker and problem solver? Do you enjoy learning new skills, collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders and working in a team environment? We are looking for someone like this to work closely with the Head of Regulatory Affairs (HK) to own the interface for key regulators in HK and also perform a coordinating role for local interface of other APAC location, specifically to help us:
• Support management of supervisory relationships of UBS and providing advisory services to regional and business management with respect to supervisors, primarily HK and include other APAC regulators
• Support senior regulatory managers and/or manage meetings between UBS subject matter experts and supervisors including scheduling/coordinating meetings, preparing UBS management for meetings, recording key issues and outcomes and ensuring actions are addressed promptly
• Support senior regulatory managers and/or manage supervisory reviews and exams between UBS subject matter experts and supervisors including advising UBS management on information requests before and during the reviews and exams, tracking findings, and providing regular status updates to various senior UBS management and governance forums. Also coordinate all necessary review meetings both internal and with the regulators
• Collaborate with other regulatory managers globally, including analyzing developments across jurisdictions to ensure consistency of approach and reporting on relevant developments for global meetings and reports.
• Pro-actively identify trends in regulatory requests and discussions and raise them to senior management to ensure strategic responses
• Prepare briefings for and brief senior management for regular and ad hoc meetings with key supervisors
• Management of information deliveries to HK regulators and other financial supervisors; internal coordination of responses to ad hoc queries
• Work on ad-hoc internal projects as necessary
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
The Group Regulatory and Governance (GRG) function is the competence center for coordinating external governmental and regulatory relations and overseeing strategic regulatory matters across the firm. GRG focuses on three areas, which include Governmental & Regulatory Affairs, Recovery & Resolution Planning and Governance Affairs.
Within GRG, Regulatory Affairs (RA) promotes effective relationships with UBS's key financial supervisors, coordinates UBS engagement and identifies and responds to key themes in supervisory activities across regions. RA ensures a consistent approach towards interactions with financial supervisors and regulatory advice to the business. RA has dedicated teams for Switzerland, UK, US, Germany Hong Kong and Singapore to support senior management in their interactions with the supervisors on an ongoing basis and provide targeted advice on key supervisory trends and issues. This role will be a key member of the HK RA team working under the Head of HK RA. The HK RA team will form an integral part of the global RA team and APAC GRG team, and will work closely with C&ORC (Compliance & Operational Risk Control).
Your experience and skills
• experience in the financial services industry preferably including work experience with regulations in a finance, risk control, compliance, or internal audit department
• very strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Power Point)
• excellent communication skills, with ability to build networks across a culturally diverse organization
• Good English skills and preferably native Putonghua capability
• execution-oriented, pro-active and having both big-picture skills and attention to details
• enjoy working with specialists and interacting efficiently with senior management
• capable of working under pressure whilst juggling multiple tasks in a time sensitive environment and are a strong team player
• enthusiastic and approachable in the work place, always showing commitment and striving for excellence
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.