Regulatory Compliance Associate
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 05 Dec 17 2017-12-05
As a fast growing regulatory consultancy, our people really are our most important asset. We have ambitious growth plans and are currently recruiting an associate based in our Hong Kong office who is happy to work across both Buy side and Sell side clients.
Typically you will be supporting clients across Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Stock Brokers, Market makers and Asset Managers, Hedge Funds, Institutional Investors, Retail Investors and other Corporates
Since we started in 1999 we’ve been helping businesses in financial services (anything from high street banks to small start-ups), to thrive. We’ve built a team of professionals with the right experience and know-how to deal with regulation so clients can focus on their business goals. We are now about 85 people, with over 500 clients across the US, Europe and Asia with offices in London, Chicago, Hong Kong and Singapore working together to create a unique global advisory offering. And we are proud to stay independently owned.
As we specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice. So we set high standards.
The ideal candidate
You will have professional experience in a financial services, legal firm or professional services environment. While the discipline isn’t important, you will have either Buy Side or Sell Side experience, you will also be educated to degree level and possibly working towards or holding a relevant professional financial services qualification. As well as excellent academic credentials you need first class communication skills, a passion for solving interesting problems, a love of managing relationships with clients and great teamwork are all important. Our Hong Kong office is our newest member of the Bovill family so it’s important that you are happy to get involved in all aspects of helping to grow our Hong Kong offering. It’s an exciting time to join us on this journey..
- Relevant experience across Buy or Sell side.
- Good understanding of SFC regulations and rulebook
- Understanding of the role of Compliance within an organisation
- Experience of and/or understanding of the Hong Kong regulators and their frameworks
- Consultancy skills
- Focus on quality output
- Excellent academics
- Excellent verbal and written English
A willingness to travel. Whilst we don’t expect this to be a big part of the role, there will be at least two trips per year to our head office in London.
It’s crucial that you have a desire to get up and go. We want people who are truly committed to what they do and to making a real contribution to Bovill’s growth and success.
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast moving environment with plenty of scope for progression
- Plenty of scope for training and development
- The opportunity to work with growing global company with extensive regulatory experience who are truly committed to the development of more junior team members
- A competitive compensation package, including an opportunity for a profit related bonus