Regulatory Reporting Manager / Senior Manager
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity International
- 18 Sep 18 2018-09-18
Regulatory Reporting is a department within Asset Management Operations responsible for submitting various shareholding reports as required by law and financial regulations in European, Middle East, Asian and African jurisdictions.
Regulatory Reporting is a department within Asset Management Operations responsible for submitting various shareholding reports as required by law and financial regulations in European, Middle East, Asian and African jurisdictions. The Regulatory Reporting function consists of two teams, one in Hong Kong covering the Asia Pacific requirement while the team in Dublin covers the rest. Types of regulatory filings include substantial shareholder requirements, takeovers, short-selling, OTC derivatives and industry specific requirements. The Regulatory Reporting team analyses the shareholdings of funds within FIL, and its affiliated company in the US FMR so it can calculate the shareholdings that need to be disclosed under local jurisdictions. Once this has been established filings are made to companies and regulators as required by local laws and regulations. Additionally the team are also responsible for the monitoring and submission of Class Action claims and supporting shareholder recovery actions as necessary in conjunction with the Investment Legal team.
Due to the nature of the team there is a requirement to cover some public holidays throughout the year.
Purpose of your role
The Manager will have responsibility for a number of the daily Asia based operational processes in place to ensure that FIL fulfils its regulatory obligations. The Manager will ensure the Regulatory Reporting analysts complete the team's critical daily production functions, which includes the identification, preparation and submission of regulatory filings across 17 Asian jurisdictions. It is the responsibility of the Manager to ensure the regulatory reports are submitted with the highest accuracy and quality and within the regulatory deadlines. You will work closely with internal stakeholders e.g. compliance, legal and other operations teams, as well as colleagues from the US office to ensure Fidelity's regulatory reporting standard meet and exceed expectations.
The Manager will be required to attend and participate in various external industry forums to represent FIL and contribute to market developments.
- Team management including appraisals, staff development and recruitment, including performance and career development aspects.
- Ensure that disclosures completed by the team are cross checked and approved prior to submission.
- Responsible for the control and risk environment, ensuring the analysis and output meets expected quality and is operating in an effective and efficient manner.
- Responsible for regulatory research, which includes monitoring of new regulatory changes, analysis and impact assessment.
- Work with other internal and external parties to ensure that any queries are brought to a prompt resolution.
- Work with internal departments to ensure that dependencies are clearly understood.
- Assist in ensuring the internal Governance Forums oversight process is in place.
- Support internal and external controls audits as well as supporting and conducting due diligence reviews of processes.
- Work closely with Investment Legal team to ensure ongoing compliance with regulation and future regulatory changes are clearly understood.
- Work closely with first-line and second-line risk and compliance team with regards to incidents and risk management
- Work closely with Technology to ensure that systems are developed to accommodate regulatory requirements
- Ensure that projects are supported in conjunction with the Operational Support and Change teams.
- Ensure the team's MIS and performance metrics are developed to support management reporting and planning.
- Work with department peers and senior management on initiatives and projects that impact the wider Shared Services department.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- 8-10 years of working experience in Regulatory Compliance, Regulatory Reporting environment. Experience in substantial shareholding reporting a plus.
- An experienced people manager with a track record in building and developing operational teams functioning in a complex environment.
- Experience and knowledge of various streams of regulatory reporting within the Asia region
- An ability to analyse and understand complex regulatory requirements and work with key stakeholders to determine impacts to current and future processes.
- An ability to work at differing levels of detail, both big picture concepts and complex detailed issues.
- Experience of effectively leading teams through operational and technology change initiatives whilst maintaining operational service standards.
- Calm and confident when dealing with complex operational issues ensuring satisfactory resolution of issues.
- An effective approach to risk management with a focus on developing control frameworks.
- An excellent communicator at all level with experience of leading and chairing senior operational forums.
- Excellent relationship builder with key stakeholders and business partners.
- Good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Good logical and critical thinking & mindset.