Relationship Manager, Exit Team - Global Private Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 04 Oct 17 2017-10-04
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
HSBC Private Bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world. At HSBC Private Bank, we put our clients at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Relationship Manager, Exit Team.
In this role, you will
- Overall responsibility is to support the Business Heads and Country Head of Client Lifecycle Management in managing the prompt closure of accounts which have been decided to exit
- Ensure the Customer Due Diligence profiles are up to date, that correctly reflect the business activities and Financial Crime Risk profile during and before accounts can be closed
- Manage the disposals of customer portfolio and arrange for payments to facilitate account closure
- Ensure follow up on all risk and compliance issues in a timely manner, ensuring escalation to the appropriate persons or governance forum, where required
- Regularly engage with appropriate departments to maintain HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issue raised by external regulators
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Degree qualified or with relevant professional qualifications, and accumulated broad banking experience
- In-depth knowledge of financial services, financial crime compliance and the external regulatory or industry environment
- Sound understanding of due diligence, risk identification and remediation activities
- Experience in overseeing the completion of Know Your Client or due diligence activities
- Good relationship management, communication and negotiating skills in client servicing including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business
- Well organised and demonstrates sound problem solving and analytical skills
- Positive and proactive attitude, with flexibility to accommodate changing environment and willingness to take on new responsibilities
- Fluency in English and proficiency in Mandarin would be an advantage
- Licensed role type 1 and 4
The chosen candidate for this role will be required to undergo enhanced vetting. Subject to local laws, this will require the individual to satisfactorily pass a series of additional checks as part of the recruitment process and on an ongoing basis, if appointed to the role. HSBC Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are originally completed, and/or if relevant, on an ongoing basis. For more information about the enhanced vetting for this role please contact the recruiter for this role.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009OYQ
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited