Relationship management, Vice President
Who we are looking for
Relationship Managers are expected to create sustainable long-term relationships that deliver value to both the client and to State Street. The Relationship Manager is expected to be able to formulate and execute on a client strategy, have strong inter-personal and communication skills, understand our clients' strategies and challenges and have a strong fit with the culture of the team and State Street. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Relationship Manager you will
What we value
- Client Strategy, Engagement & Service Delivery
- Ensuring the clients' business strategies are well understood and clearly outlined to State Street's internal executives and relevant client facing teams.
- Maintain & Execute the Account Management Plan and follow-up on the action items on the Plan through engaging and influencing the internal business units (client service, operations, project etc). The aim of the plan is to enable client satisfaction, create long term retention and grow the financials
- Responsible for devising and documenting strategies for new business and to grow revenue.
- Work closely with the Global Relationship Manager where applicable to ensure the global Client strategy is understood and relevant agreed local actions are implemented
- Regular updates to Executives local/regionally/global on implementation and progress of the Account Plan
- Co-ordinate and lead client strategy discussions. Responsible for devising Executive calling program.
- Devise and execute a Thought Leadership program for each client including training for client on specific topics (e.g. Market and industry developments, global custody, regulatory change)
- Understand regulatory changes that impact clients and monitor implementation where changes need to be supported.
- Ensure timely usage / update on SalesForce360 on call notes / meetings / contacts / opportunities details
- The CRE will own and be accountable for the client contract, ensuring contractual compliance.
- Thorough understanding of the clients' Operating Model
- Contribute to overall service initiatives to improve the overall service delivery model
- Attend relevant service delivery meetings e.g. MIS meetings. Meet regularly with CSE's to review client report cards and assist with strategies to support service enhancements
- Regular review of client service delivery (on an annual basis / 18-month cycle) to assess current services / reports delivered are meeting client changing requirements.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Overall responsibility for the profitability of each client. This includes responsibility to Implement detailed improvement plans when the profitability is below corporate targets. Profitably initiatives should be included in the Account Plan
- Work with the Client Service teams to understand any new services that are being proposed or being requested by clients and that agreed fees are applied and negotiate all client pricing ensuring appropriate financial metrics are achieved
- Monitor outstanding debtors in conjunction with the Client Service lead
- Identify cross sell opportunities. Devise detailed cross sell plans and strategies. Incorporate into the AMP / Strategic Account Plan. Take a leading role in any prospect discussions. Explore and actively pursue new business opportunities from existing clients
- Regular review of client profitability of responsible clients and devise strategies to improve profitability of clients if required
- Keep track of fund flows for clients in terms of assets / revenue impact. Understanding underlying drivers for flows and benchmark against comparable clients to devise strategies.
About State Street What we do.
- Undergraduate degree and/or formal qualifications in a relevant business stream
- Relevant experience and demonstrated knowledge in the financial services industry (8+ years)
- Proven background in the development and maintenance of client relationships
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers