Release Manager Market Access
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 19 Nov 17 2017-11-19
Release Manager Market Access
Global Banking & Investor Solutions is the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of the Société Générale Group. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia, GBIS provides services in corporate and investment banking, asset management, private banking and securities around the world. GBIS offers to its clients integrated and tailored solutions to respond to their specific needs.
By joining the MKT / EMM team, you will work in a multi-cultural environment, fostering work/life balance. You will join a fast-growing team, encouraging exploration of new technologies and ideas, with a flat management structure.
- Change & Release Management
- Gatekeeper of all releases
- Discuss ongoing priorities and communicate them transparently to relevant stakeholders
- Market Communication
- Entry point for market liaison. Ensure all market communications are received in a centralized place. Strive to harmonize exchange contacts list. Assign follow up to team members
- Ensure transparency of market updates / changes to all relevant stakeholders
- Approach relevant business lines manager, COO & other support partners when a market communication might offer new opportunities (new products, changes). Launch a study / project if any interest
- Project Management
- Market Release
- Work closely with COO and compliance when market changes are in relation to regulatory changes
- New Market / Broker
- Manage the pre-trade stream of new broker as a project, with regular communication / coordination and a strong commitment to no post-release incidentsCoordinate with Post-Trade contacts.
- Pay a particular attention to front-to-back testing / impact analysis
- Business development
- Integration of new activities & new markets
- Agile and Continuous Delivery
- Relay for the RM tasks in the feature team, but also expected to be able to play the role of Scrum master alternatively with other members of the team
- Be impacting on the rest of the areas covered by the feature teams such as the discussion around the code, tests and deployment automation
- Infrastructure Management
- Build along with our infrastructure team a precise picture of our Market Access-related infrastructure costs, and follow budget consumption closely
- ILM (Infrastructure Legacy Management)
- Hardware purchase/delivery / follow up for Market Access teams
Specific context of the position (Environment, Special Features, etc)
The candidate will be part of the ITEC / MKT / EMM Cross functional team which is composed of around 60 people dedicated to development of business in the Asia Pacific region. The team is mainly based in Hong Kong with a few people throughout Asia Pacific.
Within that team, the successful candidate will be affected to the Release Management team which is in charge of ensuring the SG change and release management process is properly followed and documented; and responsible for projects that are results of business or regulatory requests.
Release Management team is essentially an interface between Business, Exchanges and Resource Functions teams. In that regards the successful candidate is expected to be very business-aware and quickly understand users need, subsequently suggest innovative solutions and be committed to delivering corresponding projects within allocated budget and time.
At the same time, the successful candidate will need to discuss with various teams ranging from IT to Back Office and will be expected to have a clear understanding of their respective systems and vocabulary.
Finally, the successful candidate will need to be fully aware of the regulation and ensure systems are entirely compliant with it in order to protect the company and its businesses against a breach of said regulation.
- University degree
- 5 to 7 years in the IT industry
- Solid knowledge of Electronic Market Connectivity in Asia
- Strong Project Management skills
- Exposure to low latency landscape would be a plus
- Chinese (Mandarin/Putonghua) is a plus
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure (hardware and network)
- Excellent knowledge of Asia Pacific exchanges
- Excellent knowledge of Order Management Systems & Market Gateways
- Strong knowledge of Equities and Equity derivatives business